Iron Maiden?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
eyebnez

Iron Maiden?

#1 Post by eyebnez » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:04 am

I was wonering if there were any Maiden fans out there. I just picked up the newest DVD Visions of the beast. If you are an Iron Maiden Fan I Highly Reccomend going out and buying this. They are also supposed to be releasing a new cd , I think it's next wek. Still the same lineup as Brave new world. :D

eyebnez

#2 Post by eyebnez » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:01 am

Guess there's not any Maiden fans here eh?

Vaiper

#3 Post by Vaiper » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:19 am

I kinda like maiden, only have a few of their songs though, quite partial to Iced Earth myself even if it isnt the same genre lol

eyebnez

#4 Post by eyebnez » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:09 am

Vaiper wrote:I kinda like maiden, only have a few of their songs though, quite partial to Iced Earth myself even if it isnt the same genre lol
LOL....That's ok Vaiper. I have Never heard anything by Iced Earth. Any albums you would advise to start with?

TornadoOfSouls
Newcomer

#5 Post by TornadoOfSouls » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:46 pm

eyebnez wrote:
Vaiper wrote:I kinda like maiden, only have a few of their songs though, quite partial to Iced Earth myself even if it isnt the same genre lol
LOL....That's ok Vaiper. I have Never heard anything by Iced Earth. Any albums you would advise to start with?
Get something Wicked This Way Comes.....classic Iced Earth album. :D

And to go along with the topic I love Maiden. My favorite song of theirs is The Trooper. Their new cd "dance of death" is quite good as well.

eyebnez

#6 Post by eyebnez » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:40 pm

Yeah. DoD is one of the best cds I've heard in a while (Not counting the latest archives cds that is...lol).
Any Maiden Fan should deffinately check it out.

dex

#7 Post by dex » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:44 am

I used to be a HUGE Maiden fan.
Had all their studio albums (up to '88 on tapes and then upgraded to CDs), bought all their singles when they got re-released on CD's and knew the track order on all Maiden CD's.
Not only that but I also knew all the lyrics as well.
And then one day they released an album called The X Factor.
The day I heard that album I realised that I've outgrown them and it was time to let go.
I still got Rock in Rio DVD and Brave new World but I'm going to wait a bit before I get Dance of Death as the single they released was very poor.
Well that's all folks.
:D
ilia

ChickenScratch

#8 Post by ChickenScratch » Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:24 am

Guess I missed this thread for a few weeks. I'm a huge Maiden fan, I've seen them live so many times (with and without Bruce) and they just always do it for me.

eyebnez

#9 Post by eyebnez » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:17 pm

Yeah,IMO, They have deffinately redeemed themselves with DoD. :twisted: The Cd is great.

spawn2048

#10 Post by spawn2048 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:20 pm

I love Maiden. Dance of Death (their latest album) s awesome, in my mind it really compares to the great classics like powerslave and somewhere in time. I'm also looking forward to going to see them live in December - it should be amazing. :D

eyebnez

#11 Post by eyebnez » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:22 pm

Yea I hope they come this way again... I haven't seen them since 85 on the world slavery tour....Kick ass show.

I just keep runnin' into you every where eh? Spawn

the_shredi

#12 Post by the_shredi » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:01 pm

i saw them in augest for a friends birthday, not my favourite music, but they sure can perform :lol:

guyzif

#13 Post by guyzif » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:07 am

I like maiden they rock hard. they were the first metal band i got into and ive got all their albums. i do think though that all the albums between seventh son and brave new world are a bit average. all the others are awsome.

*metalli-fanatic*

#14 Post by *metalli-fanatic* » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:34 am

well i think iron maiden are cool but everytime i listen to them i never see a difference in there music! same sound, same tone and solo's sound the same to me! nothing is different. and that high pitch voice is annoyin sumtimes! i dnt mean to offend anyone but its my opinion i hope u accept it with no offence :oops:

Ekim

#15 Post by Ekim » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:04 pm

I LOVE Iron Maiden. They're the band I've listened to the longest, when my tastes changed from crap R&B (what us kids used to call "soul music") to hard rock.

Maiden still kills. I didn't like "Brave New World" too much cuz it sounded like a reprise of their classic stuff. "Dance Of Death" is way different from old school Maiden. And I like that they've gotten out of the rut they were in and tried making NEW MUSIC!

Their old stuff is the best. They have great riffs, great lyrics, great melodies, great drumming, just great EVERYTHING!

Buy "Piece of Mind" or "Powerslave". You'll love it!