What if G3 poll......

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.

What dead star would you wish would of been in the G3 tour?

Randy Rhoads
6%
Randy Rhoads
6%
Randy Rhoads
6%
Randy Rhoads
6%
Chet Atkins
No votes
Chet Atkins
No votes
Chet Atkins
No votes
Chet Atkins
No votes
Jaco Pastorius (Bass)
1%
Jaco Pastorius (Bass)
1%
Jaco Pastorius (Bass)
1%
Jaco Pastorius (Bass)
1%
Stevie Ray Vaughan
6%
Stevie Ray Vaughan
6%
Stevie Ray Vaughan
6%
Stevie Ray Vaughan
6%
Jimi Hendrix
9%
Jimi Hendrix
9%
Jimi Hendrix
9%
Jimi Hendrix
9%
Other (State)
2%
Other (State)
2%
Other (State)
2%
Other (State)
2%

Total votes: 244
Vaitality

randy all the way. people say he got all his ideas and was influenced by edv, but thats not true. no one has ever sounded like randy and no one ever will. and besides that, he was a great person. I once talked to him in 81 at a siminar.
Tony S

Jimi Hendrix - Absolutely no question about it !!!!!
Vai, Satch, and Hendrix - that would be absolutely mind blowing. mind you, I think Steve and Joe would just be standing there in awe themselves !
Betcha anything he's the one they'd most like to jam with tho'
bob mac

My vote go to Randy Rhodes......
Tone Capone

My vote goes jor Jimi too! Nobody can touch him! And thats all there is to it. SRV is cool but not in the same league as Jimi. 8)
The Prez

This is where my opinion differs, I thinK SRV is a league above Hendrix! There's no way Hendrix would ever be able to touch SRV's stuff in my opinion, look at the virtuosity of his albums.
tim_knox

i agree with you that SRV is extremelly good and a deffinite viruoso. But Jimi just has soo much creativity and variety in his music. He took soo many different styles and added incredible guitar work and incredible lyrics. Jimi is a genious.
The Gardener

Ok,this is kind of a joke but I think JOEY DAHLIA should be available to be choosed on the poll :D
Jak
Newcomer

Randy Rhoads was great buut Eddie Van Halen would be cool to see but im not sure whether he is dead or not :oops:
The Prez

Jak wrote:Randy Rhoads was great buut Eddie Van Halen would be cool to see but im not sure whether he is dead or not :oops:
If that is the case Kirt Hammett and James Hetfield should be on there.
Godfather

In an ideal world SRV, Hendrix and Zappa would be my choices to play. Someone suggested G4, why not G5?
adrian white

Jimi was an average guitarist even for his time!If he tried out for my band I would have died laughing.Give Randy a vote for me because he could actually play.By the way Kirk Hammett is just as big a joke as Jimi. "Madnotes"
Tony S

adrian white wrote:Jimi was an average guitarist even for his time!If he tried out for my band I would have died laughing.Give Randy a vote for me because he could actually play.By the way Kirk Hammett is just as big a joke as Jimi. "Madnotes"
This comment about Jimi is a joke right? Has to be !? Please tell me you're not serious !! :?

If it is, I can only guess that you have not actually listened to much Hendrix. And if he was average even for his time, how come all the top guitarists of the time were so blown away by him when he first appeared on the scene? And that was their opinion by the way !
tim_knox

yah man that comment either comes from a great deal of ignorance or a lack of respect fo someone who revolutionized music and the guitar although you may not like his music.
adrian white

This comment about Jimi is a joke right? Has to be !? Please tell me you're not serious !! :?

If it is, I can only guess that you have not actually listened to much Hendrix. And if he was average even for his time, how come all the top guitarists of the time were so blown away by him when he first appeared on the scene? And that was their opinion by the way ![/quote]

As history will write in the future"Kirt Cobain was the most influencial guitarist of the 90s".Mabye he was but it is a fact that he was average.As for the other top guitarists of the time,lets keep in mind the insane drugs they were on!Steve Vai has invented more tricks in every song he has ever written than jimi did in his whole career. :Adrian White:
adrian white

tim_knox wrote:yah man that comment either comes from a great deal of ignorance or a lack of respect fo someone who revolutionized

music and the guitar although you may not like his music.

Ignorance is not knowing just how brilliant the top guitarists of Jimis day were.Anyone who has ever heard of a band called The Beatles or a man called Elvis understands the true meaning of revolutionised music
:Adrian White: