HERE IT IS... Guitars SUCK 2: Return of the SUCK!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
NatiFable

Thanks for getting my handle wrong
I'm sorry, I mistook you for a manufacturer and exporter of quality steel beds and furniture.

http://www.central-iron.com.sg/

peace and light
NatiFable

As it is, Shy Boy's efforts to bring something positive to this forum have been hijacked, which is a damn shame. I'll happily argue Rusty's talent or lack thereof with him. Rants we have had enough of.
Shyboy's truly positive all right. It's nice to see a nice friendship develop out of all of this. I'm sure you and Shyboy will have alot of fun hanging out and never ever never, say a bad thing about anyone, anything or ever express a different opinion. <well, starting now I guess>

Hijacked? How so?

Rants? Well, if by 'rant' you mean opinion, then okay!

peace and light
Shy Boy

Dear God! Learn to use the edit button, man. All of your needless bashing aside, I hope you know how dumb you are. My little brother writes better than you, and he's 10.
cioran

NatiFable wrote:
As it is, Shy Boy's efforts to bring something positive to this forum have been hijacked, which is a damn shame. I'll happily argue Rusty's talent or lack thereof with him. Rants we have had enough of.
Shyboy's truly positive all right. It's nice to see a nice friendship develop out of all of this. I'm sure you and Shyboy will have alot of fun hanging out and never ever never, say a bad thing about anyone, anything or ever express a different opinion. <well, starting now I guess>

Hijacked? How so?

peace and light
Re the handle; E.M. Cioran, Romanian philosopher.

Re how you avoided adressing the salient point of my post - the one where I took your previous attack apart, said "bad things" to your face - ordinary cowardice. I tell you three times.
You are so transparent it's painful, and the sooner you stop making a fool of yourself, the happier everyone else will be.
endor

cool video!!!! really liked Goncalo Pereira, that guy was awesome, all the players in the vid were pretty awesome, some i liked more then others, some i didnt like at all. But overall i enjoyed the vid
xifr

NatiFable wrote:

Hijacked? How so?

peace and light
He was referring to the fact that shyboy posted a video that intends to help some truly skilled, lesser known guitarists get some popularity. You have managed to hijack this into a bashing of guitarists that you simply, do not like.

I can't believe I have to explain a 3 sentence point because you can't interpret it correctly, Mr. Lord of Grammar. Why don't you attack the main arguments instead of complaining about someone's spelling and choice of words. George Bush manages to get away with bad choice of words, so I see no reason why you have to focus on it to such an excessive amount.

I also agree that personal attacks on Cooley are entirely uncalled for.

About the 'goofy Steve' factor, may I point out that I actually like Steve's goofiness. It shows that he doesn't have to be 'macho' all the time, a concept you've obviously never heard of judging on your posts that acting 'goofy' is acting stupid.

It just seems that you have a general grudge against the shred genre. Maybe the notes are going too fast for you to comprehend, or maybe it's just not your cup of tea. Whatever it is, it doesn't mean the the guitarists that play this genre are crap. What's especially noticable is that you judge them all on this video clip, as with Godin. Maybe backing your arguments on something solid would help your case a little more.

EDIT: I must also point out that I enjoyed the video alot and appreciate the work that was put into compiling the videos. It's helped me find some new, remarkable guitarists that I hadn't even heard of before.

Cheers.
Shy Boy

Well said, friend. I didn't mean for this to get so negative and out of hand.

Nati, I'm sorry for any rude comments I made about you. I just hope that in the future you'll keep some of what was said here in mind.

Anyways, I'm glad the videos are getting these guitarists some new listeners. I specifically put Vai, Satch and Yngwie clips in there because I knew I couldn't please everyone with these unknowns. You usually have to give someone something they're familiar with for them to accept something new.

Sadly, sometimes it feels like people aren’t even listening to the music, they’re just trying to squeeze the guitarist and the music into a small box of mental concepts and labels. It’s hard for people to listen when they’re so busy judging things. I think the judgments strengthen their sense of self, because being at odds with someone or something else charges the feeling of individualism.
xspace

Shy Boy: I supposed you are InstruMentalCase in youtube.com right?

BTW, in this video, what kinda effects is Marcel Coenen using?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GJHJdv4B1g4 8)
Shy Boy

Yep, that's me. I have no idea about the effects. You could check his site or email him.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Damn, you dudes are goin' off! :lol: I don't think most drummers would ever talk down on each other like this, we're pretty cool cats. :lol: Like someone else said, leave that to the egotistical vocalists! :lol:

The vid was pretty cool, & even though Godin was the least "entertaining" of the bunch, it was pretty clear to me as well that he was just messin' around.
xifr

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:Damn, you dudes are goin' off! :lol: I don't think most drummers would ever talk down on each other like this, we're pretty cool cats. :lol: Like someone else said, leave that to the egotistical vocalists! :lol:

The vid was pretty cool, & even though Godin was the least "entertaining" of the bunch, it was pretty clear to me as well that he was just messin' around.
Instrumentacism! :p
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

:lol:
Zebula77

Anyways, all pointless arguing notwithstanding - when's the next video done? :lol:
They kick ass, dude. :wink:
Shy Boy

I have no clue, because I haven't started it. Probably a goog long while...
groom

anyone know where i can get the vai part from the real illusions tour?