HERE IT IS... Guitars SUCK 2: Return of the SUCK!

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Shy Boy

ShawShred

lol that swept version of Hendrix's "Little Wing" was rediculous...

I didn't like it... Ihave yet to watch the rest :D
Nikkoe

Shredding isn't music.

It's awesome.

:P
fyrie

It's get better after the first guy. The 2nd guy is Jimi. Notice the improvement ;)
GuitarHero

fyrie wrote:It's get better after the first guy. The 2nd guy is Jimi. Notice the improvement ;)
In my opinion Jimi's solo section was awful. To me, he always sounds like shit live. I love his music, but I have yet to hear a live version of Jimi playing that I can tolerate. Poor guy let drugs destroy him.

___
Edit: lol I just noticed that Rusty plays so fast, shit goes flying off of his desk :shock:

___
Dbl Edit: That end part of Rusty's solo just before the "were not worthy, we suck..." is he playing the part of mario bros. when you beat the lvl and get the flag/?? Sounds like it to me :D
Shy Boy

Whatever, dude. I think Jimi ruled on and off-stage. His studio recordings were very well done (for the most part), but he has tons of equally great live recordings. Check out the Band of Gypsys DVD. Machine Gun kills everything.
GuitarHero

Shy Boy wrote:Whatever, dude.
Try not to be so vague in your comments... Also, I find it hard to value your opinion given your post in this thread http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16738
Shy Boy

Try to read past the first two words. By the way, that other post was a joke. Stelios is a friend of mine.
GuitarHero wrote:That end part of Rusty's solo just before the "were not worthy, we suck..." is he playing the part of mario bros. when you beat the lvl and get the flag/?? Sounds like it to me :D
Sorry to disappoint you, but that’s an original Cooley lick, not the SMB’s end stage theme. My guitar instructor is a student of Rusty's, and he's learning to play The Butcher right now.
Blade Runner

"This sucks more than anything has ever sucked before... "

Rofl. That was great. I'd sig it if I could.

As for the video, I didn't like any of the no name guys. Unoriginal shredders.

That first guy actually said "sorry, Yngwie" just because he was doing some arpeggios. pffffft.
Jem-7vwh-agg

This sucks more than anything has ever sucked before ! !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shy Boy

Blade Runner wrote:That first guy actually said "sorry, Yngwie" just because he was doing some arpeggios. pffffft.
Godin isn’t a shredder. Listen to his music, you might like it. The video was a joke, and he improvised it on the spot when he was asked to talk about sweeping techniques.
Zebula77

Awesome video, once again. :D

I thought the Hendrix spot was the highlight. That one and ok, I've forgotten his name, but the guy who solos on the Parker Fly. Really good guitarist. Passionate. I love that.

(I hate to say something bad about other guitarists, but I have to say I've grown tired of Rusty Cooley - unbelievable chops, but man, he needs to calm down! :lol: gets boring pretty quick)
xspace

Awefully AWESOME...!
Melodic Dreamer

Shawn "Freaking" Lane!
Enough said
Shy Boy

Zebula77 wrote:I hate to say something bad about other guitarists, but I have to say I've grown tired of Rusty Cooley - unbelievable chops, but man, he needs to calm down! :lol: gets boring pretty quick)
I put that Cooley video in there just for kicks. The song is called "The Butcher," a vocal turned instrumental, and since Rusty could never think of a melody he really liked for it, he decided just to compose it of his most intense soloing.