My HUGE guitar video...

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Shy Boy

Enjoy it, because it took me over ten hours to make! It was a video editing project for school. I had to cut the original video down by almost ten minutes in order to upload it for free. This worked out fortunately for the viewers I suppose, because the edited video is still over twenty minutes long. My favorite clip is “Lips Tulips” by Dave Martone, but even that one I cut back on by about a minute. Even if I’d kept that extra minute of footage, it would only have been half of the song. You can find my prequel attempt here. It features some different footage, poor editing, and crappier sound quality!
chris_lpp

So many people better than Vai that not many have heard of, some only 16 in that... i enjoyed all of it, gave me inspiration and told me that the world just isnt full of cocks like ''The....'' type bands :D
Jared2720

chris_lpp wrote:So many people better than Vai that not many have heard of, some only 16 in that... i enjoyed all of it, gave me inspiration and told me that the world just isnt full of cocks like ''The....'' type bands :D
Better than Vai? I'm not sure what you mean by that...
All very impressive stuff, though...cool video.
Nikkoe

"Nobody would find that interesting."

Yeah, right, wanna bet? :P
xxxYNGWIExxx

Very Cool
*theanimal*05

who is that guy in the first section
*theanimal*05

that vid of shawn lane when 16 looks fast foward to me and then set back to normal time at the end. mybe im just jealous.....oh and when there playing at the namm show is that fat guy shawn lane. hes ballastic
musicslave

Thanx for the time you took on that video
Shawn Lane was a bad boy. Rest in Peace Shawn :cry:
Shy Boy

*theanimal*05 wrote:who is that guy in the first section
The first three videos are all of Gonçalo Pereira, but the first video features the G.P. band's bassist, "Dick" playing the low notes over Gonçalo's shoulder. Dick is a former electric guitarist, but he sold his guitar and took up the bass to help create the band.
*theanimal*05 wrote:that vid of shawn lane when 16 looks fast foward to me and then set back to normal time at the end. mybe im just jealous.....oh and when there playing at the namm show is that fat guy shawn lane. hes ballastic
Not fast-forward. As you can see in the following video with Shawn all grown up at the NAMM jam, he really did play that fast. Many of the greatest players alive still consider him to be the greatest who ever lived, or at least, they think he was most deserving of recognition he never really received.
veyero

awsoem movie man. thanks. very inspriring
*theanimal*05

musicslave wrote:Thanx for the time you took on that video
Shawn Lane was a bad boy. Rest in Peace Shawn :cry:
did shawn lane die! what from. and how is it possible to play that fast when your 16.
Shy Boy

I believe it was from breathing problems, probably caused by Shawn’s obesity.

*theanimal*05

he was such a talent as well. when did he die?
chris_lpp

Nikkoe wrote:"Nobody would find that interesting."

Yeah, right, wanna bet? :P
That was probably the best thing in that!!! Slap and pop shit...id pay to see it
Zebula77

Wow, awsome stuff! I thoroughly enjoyed that. :wink: