RUSH Tribute album

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
R1FSR

Rush Tribute Album
Subdivisions hits stores March 15th, 2005.
by IGN Music

Subdivisions: A Tribute To Rush.

The album features a plethora of guest artists including Sebastian Bach (Skid Row); Robert Berry ("3", Ambrosia); Dave Brooks (Slammin' Gladys): Dominic Cifarelli (Pulse Ultra); Jeff Feldman (Pulse Ultra); Stu Hamm (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai): Daniel J. (Solo Artist, Jordan Rudess); Randy Jackson (Zebra); Andreas Kisser (Sepultura); Jani Lane (Warrant); Mike Mangini (Extreme, Steve Vai); Vinnie Moore (Solo Artist, UFO); Alex Skolnick (Solo Artist, Testament, Tran Siberian Orchestra, Attention Deficit); Jeff Stinco (Simple Plan); Kip Winger (Winger), all of whom will tackle a variety of Rush classics.

Here is the complete track listing, including which artists are on each track:

1. "Distant Early Warning"
Lead Vocals: Randy Jackson
Guitar Solo: Daniel J.

2. "Lakeside Park"
Lead Vocals: Sebastian Bach
Guitar Solo: Daniel J.

3. "Limelight"
Lead Vocals: Kip Winger
Guitar Solo: Andreas Kisser

4. "Subdivisions"
Guitar Solo: Dominic Cifarelli
Keys: Jeff Feldman

5. "Different Strings"
Lead Vocals: Robert Berry
Guitar Solo: Robert Berry

6. "Tom Sawyer"
Lead Vocals: Sebastian Bach
Guitar Solo: Dominic Cifarelli
Keys: Jeff Feldman

7. "Bastille Day"
Lead Vocals: Jani Lane with Dave Brooks
Guitar Solo: Alex Skolnick

8. "A Farewell To Kings"
Guitar Solo: Andreas Kisser

9. "Spirit Of the Radio"
Lead Vocals: Kip Winger
Guitar Solo: Jeff Stinco

10. "Didacts and Narpets"
Drums: Mike Mangini

11. "2112 Overture/Temples Of Syrinx"
Lead Vocals: Jani Lane with Dave Brooks
Guitar Solo: Vinnie Moore

Throughout the album the rhythm guitar tracks will be provided by Vinnie Moore; bass tracks by Stu Hamm; drum tracks by Mike Mangini; keyboards by Robert Berry, Jeff Feldman, and Trent Gardner.
j1mi_h3ndrix

ehh.... :roll:
Real_Confusions

Sounds great! I can't wait!
Moderator777

j1mi_h3ndrix wrote:ehh.... :roll:
Care to add a useful comment?

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
hewhoshreds

R1FSR wrote:Rush Tribute Album
by IGN Music
Do you not mean 2006? lol, I'll be getting this, only got into Rush recently. Sad to see theres no 'Circumstances' track, I can't stop listening to it.
R1FSR

hewhoshreds wrote:
R1FSR wrote:Rush Tribute Album
by IGN Music
Do you not mean 2006? lol, I'll be getting this, only got into Rush recently. Sad to see theres no 'Circumstances' track, I can't stop listening to it.

:lol: never even noticed that lol i just copied and pasted the info :wink:
...unless its been out a year already :roll:
Trononguitar

I always assumed that tribute albulms were recorded after a band had broken up for good, or post humeosly (spell check isle 5)after someone died. never heard (dont recall) it happening to a band that may tour again in the future with the original lineup. goes to show the greatness of RUSH, i love em,top ten all time favorites, still pop in there tapes/c.d.s from time to time. thanks for the info r1fsr.
treeduck

Trononguitar wrote:a band that may tour again in the future with the original lineup.
Oh these guys will go on for a good few years yet, I'm looking forward to their next album, which might be later in the year I hope...

:)
j1mi_h3ndrix

Moderator777 wrote:
j1mi_h3ndrix wrote:ehh.... :roll:
Care to add a useful comment?

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
have you ever shrugged your arms out of confusion, and not-decided-ness(lol)?
guyzif

Trononguitar wrote:I always assumed that tribute albulms were recorded after a band had broken up for good, or post humeosly (spell check isle 5)after someone died. never heard (dont recall) it happening to a band that may tour again in the future with the original lineup. goes to show the greatness of RUSH, i love em,top ten all time favorites, still pop in there tapes/c.d.s from time to time. thanks for the info r1fsr.
Theres a tribute to satch/vai, numerous tributes to iron maiden, a tribute to metallica, the list goes on im sure but these three spring to mind.

I personally might look into this album, i have ll of rushes albums up to grace under pressure, and their newest vapour trails. I will get all the others eventually.

This CD looks good tho, il check it out of sure.
KGNOKODOMO

there was a tribute cd done before by "magna carta"
i respect rush music so much, although is not my favourite
but i hated when neil pert was asked about this tribute
and he stupiddly answered that he does not like when people are trying to make money by playing their music, what an asshole!!!!
should be proud, all those people admit that rush was a big influence on their lives and on their music and make the effort to tribute them!!!
so i wonder if this stupid cares about the new tribute , i doubt it!!!
treeduck

KGNOKODOMO wrote:there was a tribute cd done before by "magna carta"
i respect rush music so much, although is not my favourite
but i hated when neil pert was asked about this tribute
and he stupiddly answered that he does not like when people are trying to make money by playing their music, what an asshole!!!!
should be proud, all those people admit that rush was a big influence on their lives and on their music and make the effort to tribute them!!!
so i wonder if this stupid cares about the new tribute , i doubt it!!!
Well he's entitled to his own views about his own music I think mate...
Trononguitar

First thanks for those who replied to my post with some examples of pre disbandment tribute albulms, some of them sound familiar now that i think aboutn it.
thats what i get for ASS uME ing...lol. :roll:
As far as neil being upset about people making money off there music he has a right to be mad.
if it was a cover band ina bar playing rush, no problems occur, if you record for sale your supposed to get permission and usualy have to pay the holder of the copywrite a fee . im not writing songs for others to make cash from when its my livelyhood unless im getting paid also . so fair warning to those who think they will sneak a cover song on there next demo or albulm there selling at the gigs. someone may come to you one day with a envelope and court date on it.
ofcourse nobody bothers you till you actualy make some real money (something worth suing over)so your still safe from lars and neil ...for now. (its the drummers you gota look out for!)
guyzif

I wonder why that is?
jemgirl

hmm :? why a tribute?
rush can play those songs themself,there not dead.
there still alive and kicking!!