Joe Satriani - Super Colossal

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
zappadons

Just back in Aberdeen after seeing Joe in Newcastle and Glasgow.

Awesome show!!!!!!!!

Johnny A was fantastic too!
Bono

Haven't got time to write an in depth review for Satch in Birmingham last night, but I'll just say it makes me feel sick watching him on stage...nobody should be able to play that good. It's hard to describe him -he's just so natural, just like Steve. One of the best, if not the best concert I've ever been to.

Oh, and nobody should miss Johnny A - he is incredible.
disaxster

from last night show in London. :lol:
Yorksha_Pud

Wow, the London show last night was AMAZING!! :shock: :D

Highlights were Redshift Riders, AWMAWY, The Extremist, and Crowd Chant. Crowd Chant was spectacular. It was great singing along with so many other Satch fans. It was great to see Joe so energetic on stage as well.

Johnny A was brilliant. A really nice guy as well, he was at the merch booth after the show signing things for people.

Cant wait for G3, whoever it will be.

great pics disaxster!
mphgt

Good pics disaxster, did you have good seats or that great zoom of your again?

I'm going to see him in Cardiff tomorrow will try and get some pictures.
Yorksha_Pud

You must have been very sneaky Disaxster because the staff were constantly telling people not to take photos!
al

im in ulm now but cant find a ticket place, i was told its somewhere near the main church but ive to go to the tourist infomation ina sec to ask again.

yasi i know u live here so where the feck do i get tickets for the show

*+ its my bday today
admuc
Newcomer

Karten zu dieser Veranstaltung erhalten Sie derzeit:
# in der Buchhandlung Herwig, Münsterplatz 18, zu den üblichen Geschäftszeiten.
# an der Abendkasse (veranstaltungstäglich 19 bis 20.30 Uhr).
--
The first is a book store which, judging by the adress, should be near the main church. And you can also get tickets at the venue (if I interpreted the text right, you can only get them on the day of the show - but I'm not 100% sure)
al

got em it was jus down the road from the church in a bookshop!

http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=222543#222543 check it out there :) ima happy guy
rocknuts

I found this little snippet clip on the web from the Newcastle gig last week.

Note the guy at the front who keeps sticking his arm up :wink:

I wonder who he is :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm? ... F437331947

Rocknuts
disaxster

mphgt wrote:Good pics disaxster, did you have good seats or that great zoom of your again?

I'm going to see him in Cardiff tomorrow will try and get some pictures.
well this time Tony provided an unbelievable row B for me, so I didn't have to use the zoom! last time I was so close at the Apollo was with the EVO tix!!!! (first row, remember?) :wink:
disaxster

Yorksha_Pud wrote:You must have been very sneaky Disaxster because the staff were constantly telling people not to take photos!
I know! the guy on the left of the stage almost caught me, that's the reason why I took only few pics, I was getting so stressed and not enjoying the show! The most aggressive security against camera I have seen lately!! :shock:
rocknuts

Hey so sorry to hear that mate! It must clearly depend on the venue as the band have no problem at all as long as you don't use the flash on them!!!

City Hall there was NO security whatsoever at the front. (thats right NO security) In fact most people with poor viewing at the front stalls, who were gonna see nowt because their seats were right by the PA actually migrated into the isles and to the front!!! Why? cos there was nobody to stop it. It was push and shove but everyone enjoyed themselves with no bother. Thats the bad thing about Newcastle City Hall, if your in the front stalls, your 3ft below the stage level. Standing is practically a dead cert in this venue, but it has the advantage of one of the best venues in the UK for a great sound!!!!

Note, here in Newcastle, Joe had to go down on his knees to catch the harmonics from his Peavey's, in this venue they can't be risen from floor level cos the audience are so low down.

Sorry you could'nt get many photo's bro. Come up to Newcastle next time! Because of the mobile phone camera era,they just don't police photo taking like they used to unless a band specifies so.

All in all I think some venue staff just need to relax and lighten up. It's not stealing for Christ's Sake!!!

Rocknuts
Ant711UK

disaxster wrote:
Yorksha_Pud wrote:You must have been very sneaky Disaxster because the staff were constantly telling people not to take photos!
I know! the guy on the left of the stage almost caught me, that's the reason why I took only few pics, I was getting so stressed and not enjoying the show! The most aggressive security against camera I have seen lately!! :shock:
I was sitting next to Maria and kept nudging her whenever security walked our way, in the end it was a bit over the top and she gave up.

The next day in Bournemouth was the complete opposite, just one guy to the left of the stage and a much more relaxed view to cameras etc.

I got Satch to sign my Y2K Crystal Planet plaque at the aftershow and had a chat with Jeff too.

Another guy got Satch to sign his leg and had it tattoed in.

Now there's an original tattoo!
shacks

Thanks to Rocknuts here is a pic of me pointing at da man at Newcastle!! :headbang ...

Cheers :)
shacks