Joe Satriani - Super Colossal

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Pom-Bear

Ive just come back from Seeing God

Yes Joe Satch is God :P

well

What can i say i think thats the best gig ive ever been to in my life.. his set list was perfect and his preformance was phenomenol

I got my Jem signed and my mum got her painted too

Ill post pics of it later and maybe some of the platinum pictures next week when they r developed

cya
R1FSR

pic from tonights show in manchester ill post more in a seperate thread later.

Pom-Bear

Oh yeh

Thx Paul for helpin us get into the platinum thing since i had small problems hehe

cheers

(gee its 5:30 am and i havn't slept i need more Joe)
rocknuts

:guitar OOHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice teaser pic mate. How am I gonna get through the next 7 hours now?? :lol:

S E V E N H O U R S T O G O :headbang :headbang :headbang

Can someone tell me how you post pics like the one above as oppose to a link to a pic??? I just simply don't know how to do it :?
Pom-Bear

Rocknuts lol

I havn't slept at all maybe 3 hrs sleep and i still need More Joe Satriani Lol listening to the music simply isn't enough!

Joe's a nice guy too and his hands r pretty big.. but not as big as Steves as we found out in Q&A
R1FSR

Hey Pom
glad to help you out ,,,hope everything went ok for you :wink:
lilyannie

Yes, thanks Paul from mum - also suffering from prominent eye bags today. I hope my customers don't take the mickey tonight at the shop, they think I am mad!

Pom is playing Joe, all morning! I think I'll go and make myself a cuppa, it's quieter downstairs!

Lily
Yorksha_Pud

What was the setlist?!!

WHat was Johnny A like?

Ill be at the London show on Tuesday, and you guys r making me sooooo excited! Glad you had a good time!
slash89

He's not coming to Norway this time... :oops: :cry:
Big Bad Bill

Pom-Bear wrote:BBB u got a platinum or diamond ticket?
I had neither Pom_Bear-just second row tickets. It was an 'interesting' experience and very different from a Vai show. I guess Satch is quite an introverted person and this is reflected his more subdued performance and that of his band. One things for sure, he likes to make his guitar squeal, grunt and groan for five minutes at the end of every song!! I was close enough to see how he did his 'Satch-Squeal-of-Doom' which was nice.

I have to say that his older material really stood out compared to the newer, meandering blues style he has. 'Circles' still makes my hair stand on end and his performace of this was great.

Judging from his playing style now, I wouldn't be surprised if Satch did a 'Gary Moore' and produced a blues album in the next few years.
R1FSR

Hey BBB
Good to bump into you again m8 ..shame it wasnt a bit earlier tho .
One things for sure, he likes to make his guitar squeal, grunt and groan for five minutes at the end of every song!!
i totally agree with you on this and to a certain extent it spoiled the show the older material (for me) was a lot better and i really hope he doesnt go the gary moore route.
The was quite a few terrible mistakes but hey we all make mistakes ..even Steve makes mistakes its natural.
I like satch hes a real nice guy awesome guitarist BUT is his crown slipping ??
Pom-Bear

Aye

I saw u BBB was gonna drop by and say hi but i had to run out the concert to grab my gear

I was surprised to see Circles in his set list

one of my fav songs and its one of the songs he least plays live the solo to that song is amazing

Also

R1FSR

my mum was asking me if i saw u at the platinum Meet and Greet

tho im not sure but were u the man asking me about the Jem with the 5pc neck etc?

The New Team J took over i think around last year so all the new prestige models r made by them, they also brought out new cases i think and they altered the necks to have 5pc to make them stronger or something
Ant711UK

Big Bad Bill wrote: Judging from his playing style now, I wouldn't be surprised if Satch did a 'Gary Moore' and produced a blues album in the next few years.
No please don't say that.... :cry:

I've just won an aftershow pass at the Bournemouth show.
I already have a platinum pass so this means I get to see him before the show and after.

Tony
Pom-Bear

well the meet and greet is after the show anyways
Big Bad Bill

Pom-Bear wrote:I saw u BBB was gonna drop by and say hi but i had to run out the concert to grab my gear
That's a shame it would've been nice to meet you! Was the Meet and greet any good?

Yeah, good to see you too, R1FSR! I had the pleasure of being able to closely inspect your derriere while you were snapping photos! I particularly liked the way you prevented me observing Satch do that descending run in The Extremist! Next time, I'll bring a wet towel and flick you with it :wink:

As to the 'Satch does the blues' thing, his style leans so heavily towards that genre and so many people like that style, that I can't help thinking he go in that direction. I agree that it's not a direction I'd like to see him go, but I suspect I'm somewhat in the minority.