Joe Satriani - Super Colossal

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
guyzif

Mr. Canadian wrote:just curious are there any sound clips to be found of this upcoming cd? i'm skeptical of this...maybe the album sounds like ass? like the last 2 efforts....hmmmmmmmmmmm
Thats a bir harsh dude! You cant really say it sounds like ass! It could be alot worse.
PureVa|

guyzif wrote:
Mr. Canadian wrote:just curious are there any sound clips to be found of this upcoming cd? i'm skeptical of this...maybe the album sounds like ass? like the last 2 efforts....hmmmmmmmmmmm
Satch's last 2 albums we're great dude...
guyzif

Well i wont agree with great personally. They wernt bad my any means!
Mr. Canadian

hey girls,

thanks for addressing the sound clip issue.
endor

im a fan of surfing with the alien, great cd
udy

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:They "stu" him 'cause they love him! :D
Yes, maybe, I hope. As for my part I like him. He is a great bass player. I like listening to him in other projects.
Shy Boy

All the dates for the first month of the tour (April) are now up on Satriani's site, as are the special ticket prices.

I'll be seeing him in Houston, TX on the last show in April, and by seeing him I mean I'll literally be up on stage, meeting him, getting a picture with him, getting my picture with a chromeboy, and getting my JS signed, because I’m buying one of the special $250 tickets. Which will also guarantee me a seat within the first six rows!
The Wolf

Shy Boy wrote:All the dates for the first month of the tour (April) are now up on Satriani's site, as are the special ticket prices.

I'll be seeing him in Houston, TX on the last show in April, and by seeing him I mean I'll literally be up on stage, meeting him, getting a picture with him, getting my picture with a chromeboy, and getting my JS signed, because I’m buying one of the special $250 tickets. Which will also guarantee me a seat within the first six rows!
yowza, that rocks :peace
shacks

From www.satriani.com ...

howdy folks-- one more tour date announced today-- april 9th in detroit! waiting for the onsale date info and will post as soon as it comes in.

also, starting this wednesday we'll be posting some really cool podcasts (video and audio) that i shot with joe last week at his home studio! there's 13 episodes and each one covers one song from the new album-- it includes joe playing a little bit, talking about the song, and then a ~45 second preview of the song, plus some other unreleased artwork from joe's sketchbook. new episodes will come out every mon/wed/fri until the album release date at which time they'll all be available and also incorporated into something very cool we'll be doing the end of that week. :}

shacks
hewhoshreds

That's brilliant, I hope he does another tapping-style song along the lines of Midnight, Bamboo, Headless Horseman, Day at the Beach...

Didn't mind 'Is there love in space' but I wasn't too fussed on it, I'm not keen on his singing either so if he keeps that to a minimum, I'll be happy haha.
lydian7

shacks wrote:From www.satriani.com ...

howdy folks-- one more tour date announced today-- april 9th in detroit! waiting for the onsale date info and will post as soon as it comes in.

also, starting this wednesday we'll be posting some really cool podcasts (video and audio) that i shot with joe last week at his home studio! there's 13 episodes and each one covers one song from the new album-- it includes joe playing a little bit, talking about the song, and then a ~45 second preview of the song, plus some other unreleased artwork from joe's sketchbook. new episodes will come out every mon/wed/fri until the album release date at which time they'll all be available and also incorporated into something very cool we'll be doing the end of that week. :}

shacks
Great news, I'm looking forward seeing it! Looks like he's taking a leaf out of Vai's book. ;)
Bono

hewhoshreds wrote:That's brilliant, I hope he does another tapping-style song along the lines of Midnight, Bamboo, Headless Horseman, Day at the Beach...

Didn't mind 'Is there love in space' but I wasn't too fussed on it, I'm not keen on his singing either so if he keeps that to a minimum, I'll be happy haha.
Wow...I completely forgot about him singing - suprised nobody has mentioned it before. I agree - the less singing Satch does, the better.
lydian7

shacks wrote:From www.satriani.com ...

shacks
Shacks, where did you find this text? I can't seem to find it in the news section.
Bono wrote:Wow...I completely forgot about him singing - suprised nobody has mentioned it before. I agree - the less singing Satch does, the better.
Agreed. Vai has a naturally strong singing voice, whereas I don't think Satch's voice is good enough to hold a track together. I liked I Believe though, but good Satch vocal tracks come few and far between (I Like the Rain anyone?;)).
shacks

lydian7 wrote:Shacks, where did you find this text? I can't seem to find it in the news section.
Webmaster posted it on the forum yesterday. Not sure if this link will work for you but...

http://www.satriani.com/perl/2002/ttj/m ... earch_str=

Cheers
shacks
The Wolf

lydian7 wrote:
Bono wrote:Wow...I completely forgot about him singing - suprised nobody has mentioned it before. I agree - the less singing Satch does, the better.
Agreed. Vai has a naturally strong singing voice, whereas I don't think Satch's voice is good enough to hold a track together. I liked I Believe though, but good Satch vocal tracks come few and far between (I Like the Rain anyone?;)).
I think If he didn't use so much voice mod stuff it would at least be pleasant... I think the first song he sings on itlis was ruined by this. :?