Dont hate me for this

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
KGNOKODOMO

well
i cant belive this topic lasted for 4 pages, i cant understand why some guys cant understand, there can not be a better artist than another
and that some people dont give a shit about what do some people think about vai, malmsteen, and so on, its all about personal taste, personal education, the beauty is in the eyes of the person, and how he learned to apreciate things, and about the personal and unique sesibility each one has developed or has had by nature.
this all is trash!!! i know is only about opinions, but ............ havent been many of this discussions on the board?? is not enough??

sorry, just my opinion
lydian7

KGNOKODOMO wrote:well
i cant belive this topic lasted for 4 pages, i cant understand why some guys cant understand, there can not be a better artist than another
and that some people dont give a shit about what do some people think about vai, malmsteen, and so on, its all about personal taste, personal education, the beauty is in the eyes of the person, and how he learned to apreciate things, and about the personal and unique sesibility each one has developed or has had by nature.
this all is trash!!! i know is only about opinions, but ............ havent been many of this discussions on the board?? is not enough??

sorry, just my opinion
Why don't we just abolish criticism from the face of the planet and walk around commenting on how lovely everything is. :roll:
cioran

Well said, lydian 7. For instance, wouldn't it be great if the reactionaries won out when Bach established the supremacy of the tempered scale in Western music? And wouldn't it be great if the works of all the "greats", from Mozart to Mahler, from Beethoven to Bruckner, were not vigorously critcized, discussed and often denounced? Why, we'd all be the best of friends, noone's feelings would be hurt, and progress would be a disturbing word that we could obligingly pretend we didn't understand. And then we could look forward to the next distribution of soma.
Blessed peace, and no life.
prman

Isn`t it funny that the longest threads are always based on the idea that someone doesn`t like your idol? No matter how many replies they get none of those posts are gonna change the threadstarters opinion. It always ends up to the very sophisticated discussion of "my idol is better than yours and these are the reasons". If everybody liked the same kind of music there would only be that kind of music available. So, why bother dudes/dudessess?
KGNOKODOMO

pr wrote:Isn`t it funny that the longest threads are always based on the idea that someone doesn`t like your idol? No matter how many replies they get none of those posts are gonna change the threadstarters opinion. It always ends up to the very sophisticated discussion of "my idol is better than yours and these are the reasons". If everybody liked the same kind of music there would only be that kind of music available. So, why bother dudes/dudessess?
YOU GOT IT "PR" IT IS SIMPLY USELESS!!!! NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY!! THIS KIND OF TOPICS IS USELESS!!!!!
guyzif

Gtdork wrote:
Disclaimer for user112. I consider myself a lousy guitarist and yet I'm in the Steve Vai forum. Go figure.
Me too dude, just because someone (like me) isn't good doesnt mean we cant appriciate something amazing like steve's music.

And XXXYNGWIEXXX we dont hate you, your lucky that the ppl here are generally nice. Other forums would flame your ass into the next dimension! LOL.

I think Friedmans stuff is great and unusual. Im not a massive of neoclassical guitar SPAM so becker doesnt really push my buttons that much, nothing wrong with him tho.
Alex Smith

xxxYNGWIExxx wrote:well i just got done listening to some vai cds and i must say ....... I HATED THEM. Well umm heres what happed i got a hold of some cds (mostly vai some cacophony, jason becker, and some joe satriani.) ive always loved steve vai as a guitarist and i still do but i dont like his music .........At all. Since like 2 days ago ive only heard tender surrender, for the love of god, whipering a prayer and maybe one or two others bacically his best stuff. I assumed that the stuff i was listening to was what his music was like but after lisening to most of his cds just a while ago i must say i really didient like any of it. I still like steve vai and think hes a great guitar player but i think his music is boring. But after lisening to cacophony i LOVE marty friedman and jason becker now. i think there music is so cool way better then vai and i dont want to insult any one but i just think as far as instrumental songs go i think jason becker and marty freidman are the best does any eles agree with me. some songs from cacophony i like are Black cat - minus the vocals
Go off
speed metal symphony
images
desert island- minus the vocals
black stallion
Concerto

Jason becker
Altitudes
air
mabels fatel fable
end of the beginnng
serrana

Now i belive these are some of the greatest song ever any one else agree?
I tried to read that as it's written first... let me get my breath back...

You make no sense. You listen to the most passionate tracks and like them, then listen to the more metal-ly tracks and find them boring compared to complete shredfests. I'm not going to knock your opinion here - I don't mind whether you want to listen to tuneful songs or I-can-play-faster-than-anybody-else-for-I-am-Gawd tunes - but I don't really get where you're coming from. By the sentence (if you can call it that), "ive always loved steve vai as a guitarist and i still do but i dont like his music .........At all," it kind of implies you're more into the technical "HOLY SHIT MY HANDS ARE MELTING" stuff, but started your statement with the designation of Whispering a Prayer and Lotus Feet as his "best stuff." I don't, and I think many others don't, get where you're going.
Massacre

xxxYNGWIExxx wrote:you know i love steve vai as a guitarist and thats why i hang out at these fourms. but when i listen to his music like the attitude song or the Audience Is Listening that seems childish to me not cacophony. And after listeining to the entire fire gardan album then listening to songs of jason becker and marty freidman i cant listen to vai anymore. I guess its the way marty freidman follws the chords like in his instructional. I remember watching that and him just improvising over the chords was very cool i could listen to him do that all day.
Well said.
stratocastermaster

hey everyone has right to their opinions... i personaly disagree but hey thats my opinion... i wont put you down about yours and i hope to have the same in return
orlandopunk
Banned

go fire your teacher get a fu#### new teacher
problem solved lol
thread closed
creator of the post sucked
steve vai won
fans lol
teacher broke
:lol:
The Wolf

more than a year later :roll:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

orlandopunk wrote:go fire your teacher get a fu#### new teacher
problem solved lol
thread closed
creator of the post sucked
steve vai won
fans lol
teacher broke
:lol:
Think you could try posting less idiotic comments?

Mikey
vai.com
orlandopunk
Banned

hey i was joking , you dont have to insult me just because you are a mod
i didnt insult you, anywayz
hey mikey hello i m from the tonilloret forum you used to be there before you speak spanish very well i think :oops: lol
bye
Last edited by orlandopunk on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I'm sure you'll get over it.

If you're going to contribute, make a worthwhile contribution.

Sadly, your post history generally hasn't added much to the quality of the message board so far.

Mikey
vai.com
orlandopunk
Banned

thats because im new here im sorry i dont spend here all day or post everyday here
were you welcomed this way when you posted in the tonilloret forum , mikey
i dont think so , besides i didnt offend anybody