New Van Halen Album?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
The Prez

I'm not sure if this would be in the works. I heard that Eddie has mouth cancer or something. Wonder if they cover his songs on the G3 tour?
Any thoughts on this?
JS

Well...on his site he wrotre: MESSAGE FROM EDDIE

[5/07/02]: I know I promised I'd get back to you and I'm sorry for the delay but I wanted to let you all know that I've just gotten a 100% clean bill of health - from head to toe. I wanted to share the good news with you immediately. And of course, I thank you all for all your good wishes and prayers along the way. Now it's time to really get back to the music and fun.....so party on and you'll be hearing from us very soon.

All my love,
Eddie

I think we can live in peace now! :D
Matwey

GREAT NEWS!

..That's been more than a couple of years -- and now it's great to hear Eddie's OK!!! 8)

P.S.: ..i've heard that Eric Martin will be doing the vocals on new VH album ;)
Zebula77

Wow, that is good news indeed. Umm, who's Eric Martin?
RAI

Singer from Mr. Big.....
Fabe

Matwey wrote:P.S.: ..i've heard that Eric Martin will be doing the vocals on new VH album ;)
Probably just as much as Diamond Dave will do a reunion. :?
The thing is, there have been so many rumors out there of a new VH album and new singer etc. that it's hardly believable. I like Eric Martin, and I think he could do good with VH, but I'll only believe that when it has been officially announced... I hate the VH rumors, makes me all hoping and then letting me down again ;).

Fabe
Radio Ga Ga

...Eric Martin...what a great, great, great singer!!! :shock: what a bluesy voice....i like it!!!!! 8) ......but Dave or Sammy and Gary are also great frontman, dancers and showman...Eric?...I don't know.... :roll: ...
ChickenScratch

Eric's a great singer, those last few Mr Big albums with Kotzen were really soulfull. The whole band came into their own and those last few releases were so damn moving.
bob mac

Van Halen should just put out a solo c.d.!!! F the lead singers... :twisted:
Plook

Van halen shoud stay retired. Their last few albums are just weak. Pick up Van Halen 1 or Fair Warning, give it a listen then grab their last album and try not to vomit.

I loved Gary Cherone when he was with "Extreme" but was just terrible with Van Halen.

You can't replace Roth. Too bad the guy is a moron.
Last edited by Plook on Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RAI

Plook wrote: I loved Gary Cherone when he was with Mr Big but was just terrible with Van Halen.
Personally, I prefer him in Extreme......
:lol:

Overall, DLR era VH was best, but there are still times when I listen to those early tracks and I just want to reach into the speaker and grab DLR by the throat and tell him to stop clowning around.....
:lol:
Zebula77

I think 5150 is a great album, too. That's when Eddie was at his best, I think. If anyone's seen the Live Without A Net, you'd know what I'm talking about. His playing is amazing on that one.
playnoevil777

I think 1984 and van halen 1 are the best.I'd love to see diamond dave get back with them,but that less than unlikely.Dave's the ultimate frontman,but damn what a jackass,why's it always gotta' be "all about dave"?! :roll: I've always wondered,I know YJM and EVH don't exactley "get along",they both have HUGE egos.But how does EVH feel about Steve?I'd think with Eddie's occational big head,he'd be sorta'...how do I say this...not jealous,but I don't know.I guess what I mean is,does eddie have any anmosity towards steve?I mean dave kinda' just jumped ship,and "replaced" eddie with someone,who IN MY OPINION,is 10 times the guitarist he is.And that is of course Steve. 8)
wintonsmith1984

I don't think Steve is ten times the guitarist Eddie is. Music is not a competition. They are two different well talented guys. Making two different type of music, playing two different styles. They both are great musicians. And in my opinion that's the important thing.

If you want some news about a new VH album, just check the Steve Lukather site. He says many things about that.

In my opinon, the last album with Gary Cherone is the most under-rated one. For me, it's one of the best VH album ever. I think what hapened with it is very similar to what hapened with Sex and religion for Steve:
People were waiting for Passion and warefare 2 and when S&R was released they were disapointed because it was too different. I hope that sometime people will realized how good is VH 3. It's not a guitar-oriented album but the songs are really great ! The riffs are really good and the lyrics are great too. And the drum sound is huge and natural. Pure groove.
Just listen to "Without you" and "The ballot or the bullet".
I wish Gary never had to go. DLR is not a solution (Altought i think "Me wise magic" is a good song). Gary brouhth something new. And it's what disapointed people.
I don't want a "new old stock" Van-Halen album because what has been done has been done yet. (i think my english needs to improve ...).
Radio Ga Ga

Making two different type of music, playing two different styles
...i don't agree, their music has the same root.......i love EVH and his music...his music IS to be in VH band and he said that!...not have sense a solo career...EVH was a founder like the other 5 geniuses of the modern guitar...that for me are Hendrix, Clapton, Page, Beck and Blackmore..(what you say?)...all starts from they...other guys like Joe, Steve and Yngwie are the best of our times and they are the new founders of a contemporary guitar......for me the best album of VH are 1984 and F.U.C.K....I love them....and the best singer was Sammy....

8) 8) 8)
(i think my english needs to improve ...).
...also mine...