Black Sabbath

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
The Prez

I think there should be one. I heard Tony Iommi and Ozz have not gotten along and that's why they haven't came out with one. There were palnning on it being the darkest yet. BTW, ever think the G3 will do a cover of them?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

The Prez wrote:I think there should be one.
One what? :)
JS

Mikey wrote:
The Prez wrote:I think there should be one.
One what? :)
yeah,i want to know too!? :?
The Prez

CD, sorry. a new album.
ChickenScratch

Bring back Ronnie James Dio!
goodm0urning

The Prez wrote:I think there should be one. I heard Tony Iommi and Ozz have not gotten along and that's why they haven't came out with one. There were palnning on it being the darkest yet. BTW, ever think the G3 will do a cover of them?
I can't help but wonder if having the original lineup together again is enough. They kicked ass through most of the 70s, but they definitely lost their steam. It wasn't necessarily Ozzy's (then Bill's) exit from the band... they started having songwriting problems before that. They're still damn good live, but I'd only want them to do something new if they have something really great to lay on us.
guyzif

i heard they tried making an album, they wanted it to be brilliant, not just an album but the old magic wasnt there so they abandonded it. please confirm.
shader

yeah well as they're career progressed, they all got really heavily in to drugs, that can kinda screw you up

Maybe they'd be better now, who knows
goodm0urning

guyzif wrote:i heard they tried making an album, they wanted it to be brilliant, not just an album but the old magic wasnt there so they abandonded it. please confirm.
That's what I've heard. Most recently, from Tony Iommi, in this month's Guitar World.
The Prez

goodm0urning wrote:
guyzif wrote:i heard they tried making an album, they wanted it to be brilliant, not just an album but the old magic wasnt there so they abandonded it. please confirm.
That's what I've heard. Most recently, from Tony Iommi, in this month's Guitar World.

I heard Tony is consitering doing a jazz/blues album on his own, is that true?
goodm0urning

The Prez wrote:I heard Tony is consitering doing a jazz/blues album on his own, is that true?
From what I've read, it seems that he does have another solo album in the works, and he's looking for a vocalist to sing on it. I haven't heard anything about what kind of album it would be, but a jazz/blues album would be sweet (the lead at the end of "Planet Caravan" always seemed like he was teasing us with a couple of quick jazzy runs).
AliSinclair
Newcomer

... just so my mum can say, "Oooooh aren't they all really really sweet!!!" like she does when Alice Cooper appears on TV these days. (It wasn't always the case!)

Funny how musicians can morph from antichrists to gentlemen (even with Ozzy's beeps), given thirty years and MTV ;-)
goodm0urning

AliSinclair wrote:... just so my mum can say, "Oooooh aren't they all really really sweet!!!" like she does when Alice Cooper appears on TV these days. (It wasn't always the case!)

Funny how musicians can morph from antichrists to gentlemen (even with Ozzy's beeps), given thirty years and MTV ;-)
One of these days, we'll all be sitting around with our kids, watching "Marylin Manson's Super-Fun Family Variety Hour". There'll be, like, sock puppets.
The Prez

I'd rather see Tony go out to pursue a solo album. It's a shame, because, I could be wrong, but I've never heard Ozzy thank him or anything, and I believe if it wasn't for his unique guitar playing, Ozzy wouldn't be anything.
goodm0urning

The Prez wrote:I'd rather see Tony go out to pursue a solo album. It's a shame, because, I could be wrong, but I've never heard Ozzy thank him or anything, and I believe if it wasn't for his unique guitar playing, Ozzy wouldn't be anything.
I don't think that at all. True, without Sabbath, Ozzy wouldn't have gone anywhere, but Ozzy was a part of Sabbath. It was the collective efforts of all four of them that got them so far. Ozzy wouldn't be anywhere without Tony, Bill and Geezer. Just like Tony wouldn't be there if it weren't for Bill, Geezer, and Ozzy.