Eddie - What's going on?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Little_Dreamer

The Van Halen site hasn't been updated for a long time and also there's this stuff like Eddie interviewed drunken...
İ'm starting to worry about Ed, does anyone know more than me???
Instrumentalrockrocks

Little_Dreamer wrote:The Van Halen site hasn't been updated for a long time and also there's this stuff like Eddie interviewed drunken...
İ'm starting to worry about Ed, does anyone know more than me???
Yeah indeed... I don't know why where don't hear anything from him anymore....

I thought he was back and his band too....

...strange :? ...

Shred On :guitar
Massacre

Little_Dreamer wrote:The Van Halen site hasn't been updated for a long time
I just wish the VH site had a message board lol :(
Naffis-kun

But hey, we still have UZ lol
Big Bad Bill

Yeah, it's all very odd. I suspect there's been a band 'implosion'. This is pure speculation on my part, but the evidence would suggest that Eddie is a 'difficult person' to work with and he's not over his alcohol and goodness-knows-what-else abuse, despite his brush with throat cancer.

Unfortunately, it looks like EVH's productive years are gone and I'd be (pleasantly) surprised to see a new, decent album from him again. A great shame.
jemgirl

Big Bad Bill wrote:Yeah, it's all very odd. I suspect there's been a band 'implosion'. This is pure speculation on my part, but the evidence would suggest that Eddie is a 'difficult person' to work with and he's not over his alcohol and goodness-knows-what-else abuse, despite his brush with throat cancer.

Unfortunately, it looks like EVH's productive years are gone and I'd be (pleasantly) surprised to see a new, decent album from him again. A great shame.
yeah,lets hope bbb.
Massacre

Naffis-kun wrote:But hey, we still have UZ lol
LMAO :lol:
IbanezAlex

ok, who saw the show rockstar inexs or what ever?? ok, well, it made bank!! so guess what band is doing it next?? thats right van halen. we all hate hagar anyways.. so itll be rockstar van halen? no joke you guys!
Birdman

You saw this where?
fyrie

IbanezAlex wrote:ok, who saw the show rockstar inexs or what ever?? ok, well, it made bank!!
It was fun to watch, but lets see if people go to the shows and buy the albums. I watched all of the episodes, but when my friend asked if I wanted to get tix for the INXS concert, I was "ehhh... nah". I have no plans to buy the album either
Mr. Wiggles

IbanezAlex wrote:ok, who saw the show rockstar inexs or what ever?? ok, well, it made bank!! so guess what band is doing it next?? thats right van halen. we all hate hagar anyways.. so itll be rockstar van halen? no joke you guys!
Thats a complete rumor. VH's spokesperson said they had no plans to do anything of that nature. As of now, Sammy isn't really in the band and neither is Micheal Anthony. Sammy is doin his own thing and is about to release a new record soon while MA is singing/playing bass for a Lynch supergroup of some sorts. Ed hasn't really lost his touch, the man can get it just like he did in the old days. The only thing holding him back now is his alcoholism. He's too drunk to ever do much of anything. I don't really care if I hear anything new from a half deaf, hobo fashion designin, alcoholic.
Little_Dreamer

Mr. Wiggles wrote: I don't really care if I hear anything new from a half deaf, hobo fashion designin, alcoholic.
Hey slow down, bro. if you play guitar you're probably using a lot of licks and techniques of this 'half deaf, hobo fashion designin, alcoholic' without even knowing it. You should thank him everytime you play a (tapping) lick someone has copied from Ed :evil:
Massacre

I well agree Little Dreamer. :wink:
IbanezAlex

Mr. Wiggles wrote:
IbanezAlex wrote:ok, who saw the show rockstar inexs or what ever?? ok, well, it made bank!! so guess what band is doing it next?? thats right van halen. we all hate hagar anyways.. so itll be rockstar van halen? no joke you guys!
Thats a complete rumor. VH's spokesperson said they had no plans to do anything of that nature. As of now, Sammy isn't really in the band and neither is Micheal Anthony. Sammy is doin his own thing and is about to release a new record soon while MA is singing/playing bass for a Lynch supergroup of some sorts. Ed hasn't really lost his touch, the man can get it just like he did in the old days. The only thing holding him back now is his alcoholism. He's too drunk to ever do much of anything. I don't really care if I hear anything new from a half deaf, hobo fashion designin, alcoholic.
ya dude, stephin from great white told me eddie drinks a case of red wine a day.. and he goes on stage so loaded he can barly play.. i saw him bought a year ago.. it wasnt to good... but eddie went into cowtown guitars in vegas a couple months ago, and the guys there said he was unreal. so ya.. and aparantly mike ans sammy are good friends, cause mike is always at sammys bday party at cabo wabo in baja... i duno.. i think van halen just needs dave back..
Massacre

IbanezAlex wrote: ya dude, stephin from great white told me eddie drinks a case of red wine a day.. and he goes on stage so loaded he can barly play.. i saw him bought a year ago.. it wasnt to good... but eddie went into cowtown guitars in vegas a couple months ago, and the guys there said he was unreal. so ya..
First off, why would EVH go to Cow Town Guitars? That's a small shitty hole in the wall Guitar store when he could go to Sam Ash which is a few feet from it? :wink: I use to live right down the street from them and wouldnt even walk across the street to go there lol.