POST YOUR FAV GUITAR VIDS HERE

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
xxxYNGWIExxx

well these threds tend to die because there are only so many good guitar vids that are already hosted but i will post more soon
Christophar

Man this is the best one on that site.

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/742/Ama ... ustic.html

Who is that guy hes wicked. Anyone know how to play like that?
Gastric Sumo

That guys good, buy I can't help wondering.. What does he do when he gets a killer hangnail? OUCH!
Melodic Dreamer

I agree with a lot of what Scarpovarious has stated. I'm not putting Cooley down at all. I see him as a physical player, someone trying to achieve more of a physical goal than a musical one. If speed and sweep picking impresses you then yea, he is a freaking monster. If harmonic texter and melodic focus points, like note choice and chord composition is more your thing than Cooley is very basic and boring.
guyver_dio

That guy's name is Justin King. That's the best acoustic performance i've seen in a long time.
Moderator777

I just wanted to post a word of warning. Anything that appears to be a copyright violation will be removed. Please consider this before posting a link. If it's from a film or commercially available media it is probably not acceptable here. This not only refers to Steve's music but other artists as well. We don't want to be the linking root of copyrighted material! 8)

If you have any questions about a link you want to post don't hesitate to PM myself and I'll check it out.

Thank you for understanding.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
xxxYNGWIExxx

mod777 sorry about that :oops:
Little_Dreamer

Luc wrote: What makes you think he's German by the way? That he's blonde and fat?? :lol: :mrgreen:
Hey, don't talk like this about your lovely neighbours, there are fat blonde people from the netherlands, too :wink:
Little_Dreamer

Luc wrote: That's not 'some German dude', that's Marcel Coenen from the Netherlands, former guitarist for prog metalband Lemur Voice and now with Sun Caged. He's playing a shred version of the Dutch National anthem here, which is very cool. Check out these sites: http://www.marcelcoenen.com and http://www.suncaged.com
he's so cool :shock: 8)
and his guitar too :wink:
Alex Smith

http://jongomm.com/music.html

Right down at the botom - now HE'S an acoustic player. Great songwriter.
xxxYNGWIExxx

WoW ^^^^^ those vids of that guy playing fast are very lame. They prove that being fast isent always cool
Shy Boy

"You guys should never judge someones playing on a clip on the internet. I can't tell you how many times this kind of crap happens to me. Someone checks out one of my video's or CFH columns and instantely thinks that because I'm shredding in the example that that is all I can do and it's mindless, unmusical, it's just speed, no melody , no feeling, no phrasing etc.. The truth of it is that you simply can't make these kind of judgements on a clip.

Buy a cd or download entire songs before you hammer someone, better yet if you don't like them don't hammer them at all move on to something you do like instead of wasting you're time on negative things like that. You know half the time when guitar players put this kind of stuff up they are just goofing off and it's not ment to be taken as the gospel. I think everyone needs to loosen up and take it for what it is.

Sorry for the rant but as you can guess I have been the victim of this many times and it gets old."

-- Rusy Cooley