Page or Blackmore?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.

Page or Blackmore

Jimmy Page
10%
Jimmy Page
10%
Jimmy Page
10%
Jimmy Page
10%
Ritchie Blackmore
15%
Ritchie Blackmore
15%
Ritchie Blackmore
15%
Ritchie Blackmore
15%

Total votes: 220
eyebnez

Personally I like Blackmore the best. The stuff he did with Rainbow was ggggreat1 :D
Junebughunter

I don't like either one very much...and Page admits to not being as good as a musician as they said he was so it is a tuffy, but for now I will go with page
ChickenScratch

Blackmore! I can't stand Jimmy Page or Led Zep.
IbanezRules

Of course BLACKMORE.
Zeppelin is(were) a good band, but Page as an induvidual artist isn't too much too me..
sKiTzo
Newcomer

While most of us have burned out on Zeppelin and therefore now take it for granted, let's not forget the first time we heard "dazed & confused" live and how Page was so cool that his mistakes even came out sounding like they were intended. He has written some truly bitchen riffs and not that Blackmore hasn't made his mark as well but I'll have to say that Page edges him out except for when he's drunk
badhorsie551

ha no contest

JIMMY PAGE!
Junebughunter

badhorsie551 wrote:ha no contest

JIMMY PAGE!
Your right it isn't a contest, it is a discussion. Could you give a little more explanation as to why you have your opinion instead of just saying "JIMMY PAGE!"
eyebnez

Well in my opinion Page was good in the studio, but lost his self into sloppyness on stage where as Blackmore was a lot more Accurate live. Check out Rainbow: On Stage. Listen to the solo to the Purple cover of mistreated and I think you'll see my point. I dont really get into what Blackmore is doing these days though. The minstral thing and all... Any other comments? :D
badhorsie551

jimmy page is my choice because of the songs he has written throughout his career. every single led zeppelin album is different and he was not afraid of experimenting with new things. regardless of what people say ..."he's sloppy live!", its easy to forget how much the man improvised in concert, 15-25 minute versions of dazed and confused are a great example.

im a huge fan of zeppelin

dont get me wrong ritchie is a good guitarist too....but his songs just dont click with me.
greg

Who was commenting on Rainbow? Do you mean early raimbow like Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and Rainbow Rising, or do you mean post Ronnie James Dio Rainbow, when they sold out completely and just wrote pop metal? But for Purple and the first half of Rainbow, I vote for Ritche. He was my favourite British guitarist until I discovered Jeff Beck (plus, he knew, unlike Page, how to do a guitar strap up to the correct height.)

go to www.blackmoresnight.com to see what he's doing now - its a folk duo! How wierd is that?

Fact of the day, Blackmore's favourite contemporary band is King's X (along with another one I've forgotten).
mange

Listen to "Rainbow On Stage" and be amazed :shock: :shock: It's my all time favorite album, there isn't one wrong note. It's an absolutely stunning album. Everything the 'man in black' did in the 70's is so truly awesome. Besides Satch and Vai, Blackmore is my fave guitarist without a doubt. Attended a Blackmore's Night concert a while ago and it was soooo good!

I love Led Zep as well, have all their albums, but I just can stand the 25-minute-versions of "Dazed and Confused". I think Deep Purple and Rainbow improvised a lot better.

BTW, catch Deep Purple on their european tour this fall. They still rock as good as ever (Steve Morse is great)!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Ritchie also likes Abba and Jethro Tull)
eyebnez

greg wrote:Who was commenting on Rainbow? Do you mean early raimbow like Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and Rainbow Rising, or do you mean post Ronnie James Dio Rainbow, when they sold out completely and just wrote pop metal? But for Purple and the first half of Rainbow, I vote for Ritche. He was my favourite British guitarist until I discovered Jeff Beck (plus, he knew, unlike Page, how to do a guitar strap up to the correct height.)

go to www.blackmoresnight.com to see what he's doing now - its a folk duo! How wierd is that?

Fact of the day, Blackmore's favourite contemporary band is King's X (along with another one I've forgotten).

Yep that's the Rainbow that I'm talking about. The Ronnie James years. By the way hve you listened to the Elf albums Produced by Roger Glover. Kick ass stuff, Check it out if you have'nt already.
Yea... the thing Blackmores' doing now is kinda weird, interesting if your in the mood or 15 years old(LOL Just kidding :D ) I think that;s his wife singing for him. Pretty hot that one is.
Image Would'nt you just love to get together for a game of Dungeons & Dragons
eyebnez

mange wrote:Listen to "Rainbow On Stage" and be amazed :shock: :shock: It's my all time favorite album, there isn't one wrong note. It's an absolutely stunning album.
I agree anyone who does'nt own this album should proceed directly to your local music store or amazon.com if you prefer and buy it!!! You wont be dissappointed. :!:

Blackmore was great. Page was great. The world would have been a sadder place if it was missing either of them.
Vaibanez5150

pfffff paaaa leeeez, EZ 1 Page is the man,..... those albums are legendary regardless of anything, dIDNT CARE TO MUCH FOR HIS solo albums, but he rips it up in ZEp.

If i have to explain it, then its a wasted breath,....... :wink: