anyone get new yngwie CD?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
stingvay
Newcomer

anyone get new yngwie CD?

#1 Post by stingvay » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:47 pm

Just got the new Yngwie Malmsteen Cd unleash the fury. I was pleasently surprised. Anyone else get it and what are your thoughts on it?

PaulEMoz

#2 Post by PaulEMoz » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:17 pm

I got it in February.

It's still awesome now.

Neoshred
Newcomer

#3 Post by Neoshred » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:47 pm

Unleash The fury is awesome. hehe Yngwie is back with a vengeance!

kpxmikey89

#4 Post by kpxmikey89 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:07 am

i thoguth the recent album was ATTACK?

GuitarStrings

#5 Post by GuitarStrings » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:52 pm

UNLEASH THE FURY
is an absolutely INCREDIBLE album, it's like an explosion of high speed drumbeats, jawdropping solo speed, honesty, "baroqueness" etc.. I've never seen SO MUCH energy contained in ONE CD.
Yeah, some might say, Yngwie is retro', he is repeatitive, he is egocentric, he is proud of himself, he is so out-of-fashion etc..

... but this CD is simply incredibly beautiful and powerful.

The whole band sounds SO much tighter than it sounded on the previous one "Attack!!!", even Dougie White's vocal sounds much better, I didn't really like his vocal on "Attack!!!" album.

I prefer this one a lot better than "Attack!!!" because the production is 100000 time more professional on Unleash The Fury and the compositions are much more "meticoulos".

ha ha we need more cds like Unleash The Fury and more artists like Yngwie Johann Malmsteen. They can really make the musical scene better. ha ha

PaulEMoz

#6 Post by PaulEMoz » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:39 pm

kpxmikey89 wrote:i thoguth the recent album was ATTACK?
It was in 2002, or early 2004 if you're in the US.

Unleash The Fury was released in February in Japan, and at the end of July in Europe and the USA.

Guitarmiester

#7 Post by Guitarmiester » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:59 am

I bought the new Malmsteen CD two weeks ago... I've never really been a fan of Malmsteen, but this CD is AMAZING! I can't stop playing it, it's soo good, a lot better than his other stuff I've heard... The singing is what used to turn me away from Malmsteen's CD's, but the singing on this CD is great...the whole band is top notch, better than ever. Malmsteen is amazing on guitar... Yesterday I went out and bought Malmsteen's 'Inspiration'...another great CD, I can't stop listening to that CD either, his rendition of the songs are awesome, they are better than the actual bands song... not trying to bash Blackmore at all, but Yngwie did a better job on the Purple songs than Blackmore... I still find it pretty crazy that I've never really like Malmsteen before, but the new CD BLEW ME AWAY... you really just have to listen to every song fully, over and over, they are that good!

Martian Love

#8 Post by Martian Love » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:44 am

I live in Canada and was in NYC about a week ago, and I bought the CD.
It is awsome.

PS I also bought Vinnie Moore's Time Odyssey in NYC, It is amazing 8)

realillusions

#9 Post by realillusions » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:48 am

i got the cd and went to watch him play in london, what a performance, he was amazing!!!!!!!!

cioran

malmsteen cd

#10 Post by cioran » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:01 am

I dunno, people. I've followed Yngwie for God knows how long, and I'm getting more and more dísappointed. YES, he has been a major inspiration, to me and thousands of others - there was a period when everybody in metal were imitating him and lying about their "classical" background. YES, he has changed the face of rock guitar playing - without him, I think we'd have an entirely different scene. What bothers me about Yngwie (his personal traits to the side), is that he is so hopelessly repetitive - if there was a prize for space-filling, he'd win it hands down, both with his songs and his solos. Both of these are pretty much interchangeable in virtually everything he's done in the last decade. He spends almost all of his time on autopilot - there are few moments indeed when he seems to bother particularly. Most songs and solos follow the same pattern, and there are specific licks he must've used in 30 or 40 recorded solos, piling them one on the other just to make the time go by. Having said that, the reason I still follow him, is that when he does become inspired and goes for it, he is still amazing. His high notes are sometimes to die for, and when he gets that focus...world class, nothing less. I just wish he'd apply himself more to transcending the boundaries and habits which are holding him back, and stop releasing a new album three-quarters filled with mediocre rehashes every eight or ten months...Frankly, I think he's suffering from the "gifted child"-syndrome; he broke through at an early age, and has since become stunted in his growth. I've been hoping for years that he'd surprise me, and I had the same hopes for "Unleash...", but five minutes of magic on altogether 18 tracks....If Yngwie ever gets really hungry again, he'll be amazing. As it is, most of the time he's just cloning himself. You can tell by the length of this reply that I do care, can't you....

PaulEMoz

Re: malmsteen cd

#11 Post by PaulEMoz » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:24 am

cioran wrote:I dunno, people. I've followed Yngwie for God knows how long, and I'm getting more and more dísappointed. YES, he has been a major inspiration, to me and thousands of others - there was a period when everybody in metal were imitating him and lying about their "classical" background. YES, he has changed the face of rock guitar playing - without him, I think we'd have an entirely different scene. What bothers me about Yngwie (his personal traits to the side), is that he is so hopelessly repetitive - if there was a prize for space-filling, he'd win it hands down, both with his songs and his solos. Both of these are pretty much interchangeable in virtually everything he's done in the last decade. He spends almost all of his time on autopilot - there are few moments indeed when he seems to bother particularly. Most songs and solos follow the same pattern, and there are specific licks he must've used in 30 or 40 recorded solos, piling them one on the other just to make the time go by. Having said that, the reason I still follow him, is that when he does become inspired and goes for it, he is still amazing. His high notes are sometimes to die for, and when he gets that focus...world class, nothing less. I just wish he'd apply himself more to transcending the boundaries and habits which are holding him back, and stop releasing a new album three-quarters filled with mediocre rehashes every eight or ten months...Frankly, I think he's suffering from the "gifted child"-syndrome; he broke through at an early age, and has since become stunted in his growth. I've been hoping for years that he'd surprise me, and I had the same hopes for "Unleash...", but five minutes of magic on altogether 18 tracks....If Yngwie ever gets really hungry again, he'll be amazing. As it is, most of the time he's just cloning himself. You can tell by the length of this reply that I do care, can't you....
Large post, well argued. I disagree with most of it, but I guess I'm just too much of a blinkered fan.

Unleash The Fury was released three years after Attack!!. I think he spent plenty of time on it, and it shows, as it's a much better, more focused and more consistent album than Attack!!. I like the fact that Yngwie continues to do what he likes and feels comfortable doing. It means I'm never disappointed by what he does, unlike say, Dream Theater, who in their drive to be "progressive" seem to be veering away from what it was I liked about them originally. Yngwie still does what he did when I first started listening to him, and I still love it, every single note of it.

b2

#12 Post by b2 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:40 pm

Any link/URL to where we can hear samples?

PaulEMoz

#13 Post by PaulEMoz » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:49 pm

b2 wrote:Any link/URL to where we can hear samples?
Unleash The Fury at Spitfire/Eagle Rock.

Three full songs to listen to there, on the right.

Also:

Unleash The Fury e-card.

Samples from three more songs (not the full tracks, though).

thelordofcheesecake

#14 Post by thelordofcheesecake » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:42 am

I got it recently. Whilst it doesn't come up to "Marching Out" standards as far as Yngwie's vocal albums go, I think it's a blast.

There are a few blistering tracks on there (The Bogeyman, Cherokee Warrior, Russian Roulette, are the ones I can remember) and the album on the whole is pretty good. The bonus vids are pretty coo' as well.

KGNOKODOMO

#15 Post by KGNOKODOMO » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:36 am

i thought too much if i am allowed to write here if i have not heard the album, but instead i will say why i dont even have the inention to buy it.
and that has to do with what cioran wrote, i agree with him in all he writes, i was a diehard fan of yngwie,until i learned more about playing guitar and could see, he uses almost same solo in many many songs, i think all guitarist have their nuances which they repeat often, take for example the 12-15 fret first string thrill that vai does on lots of songs, but even so it sounds "in" the song. but those boring runs yngwie does
worked only in the marching out, trilogy and odyssey album,but when you start to listen them in eclipse, fire and ice, seventh sign, etc.. etc..
it becomes boring, the sad thing is there are some people who does not realize this, and gets offended,but be honest to yourself listen carefully
it is the same, try to move forward to lets say joe stump, michael romeo from s-x who took beyond what yngwie did, in fact didnt yngwie took beyond what balckmore did?? he has a limit, and he got there long long ago!!! ant that is fine!! clapton did, santana did, vai will, satriani did, it is a natural thing. yngwie did his contribution to music and a very important one, for that he will always be respected.

omho