Best Covers You've Heard

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
BajoElSol

sonny sixshooter wrote:
Snow wrote:Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica (Thin Lizzy)
Actually, it is an old Irish ballad, so attributing it to Thin Lizzy would be a mistake.
I can play the real version of the Celtic Guitar. And it's not better than Metallica. It's also known as Whiskey, you're the Devil.

Bajo
Snow

I have to say one more, this just came:

Oops, I did it again - Children Of Bodom (Spear Britney) !!!!!
BlackCat

Another brick in the wall coverd by ! sisters of mercy, 2 marilyn manson -the sound great

All along the watchover(Dylan) coverd by Hendrix

^*^
BlackCat
thelordofcheesecake

"Cause We've Ended As Lovers" - Jeff Beck (Stevie Wonder)

"Purple Haze" (the 616 performance :shock: ) - Shawn Lane (Hendrix)
DeaconPete

stultzies wrote:I'm not sure I can say they're the "best" covers I've ever heard, but man were they very cool, very well done, and very very bizarre...

"Stayin' Alive" covered by Ozzy with Dweezil Zappa and I think Steve on guitar.
I like the official release, with Donny Osmond better. Not that it is better, but it's just so bizarre to hear Donny Osmond doing a metal-version of a Bee Gees-song.
I also got my hands on a bluegrass version of Strawberry Fields Forever that sounds cool, but got no idea who plays it.
Hiketsu

Voodoo Child (Slight Return)- Stevie Ray Vaughan I saw this played live when I was 14 and it blew me away.

People Get Ready- George Lynch (This and the Jeff Beck version have such beautiful phrasing and George's tone here is amazing).

Ashes to Ashes- A Perfect Circle (David Bowie cover done live)

Whiskey Train- Jake E. Lee ("I need more cowbell!")

Aces High/ Rebel Yell- Children of Bodom

California Girls/ Just a Gigolo- David Lee Roth

It Hurts Me Too- Eric Clapton

Hear My Train A' Comin- Jimi Hendrix (This and "Machine Gun" are my favorite Hendrix tunes).

Live and Let Die- Guns -n- Roses

Crosstown Traffic- Living Colour

Tie Your Mother Down- Lynch Mob (Queen cover)

Get It On (Bang A Gong)- The Power Station

The Metro- System of A Down

THESE BOOTS- Megadeth (Nancy Sinatra cover)

One- Queensryche (Creed cover)

Worst cover ever- Purple Haze- Winger
treeduck

Jing Chi - Cold Irons Bound (Bob Dylan)
Pi2plank

Come Together - Aerosmith
Since I Don't Have You - Guns N' Roses
Trinity777

Whiter shade of Pale - Annie Lennox ( Procol Harum )

Stormy Monday - The Sundown Band ( Alman Brothers )

Sweet Dreams - Marlyn Manson ( Erythumics / Annie Lennox )

Personal Jesus - Marlyn Manson ( Either Depche Mode or Duran Duran , Cant remeber which group did that one! :roll: :oops: )

Trinity777 8)
treeduck

Rush - Mr Soul, The Seeker, Summertime Blues, Shapes of Things (by various artists)
Real_Confusions

treeduck wrote:Rush - Mr Soul, The Seeker, Summertime Blues, Shapes of Things (by various artists)
I remember that cover album. You and your Rush.
KGNOKODOMO

i dont know if somebody mentioned this earlier:

the whole jimmy hendrix tribute done by paul gilbert
simply amazyn guitar stuff
also any cover done by him

wuthering height (kate bush) done by angra

purple rain done bya j. petrucci

achilles last stand done by dream theater
guitar_love

The best covers ive heard, are a band called vodoo 6 who apperently used to tour with maiden back in the early days under the original name of dirty deeds. The two guitarist and the bassist are in acover band called METALWORKS, they play at camden every sunday at the carnoven castle(london uk). They cover maiden, sabbath, priest, metallica, guns n roses, hendrix, UFO, thin lizzy, and they are fukin wicked.

The guitarist is called richie, and his style is like a replica of zakk wylde, but with his own taste...love it 8)
Birdman

Great when that happens huh. There was a band overhere about 10 years ago called Boys DownUnder. Man, they played the songs they did better than the originals, and were AWESOME.
guitar_love

guitar_love wrote:The best covers ive heard, are a band called vodoo 6 who apperently used to tour with maiden back in the early days under the original name of dirty deeds. The two guitarist and the bassist are in acover band called METALWORKS, they play at camden every sunday at the carnoven castle(london uk). They cover maiden, sabbath, priest, metallica, guns n roses, hendrix, UFO, thin lizzy, and they are fukin wicked.

The guitarist is called richie, and his style is like a replica of zakk wylde, but with his own taste...love it 8)
o and i forgot to mention that ive played at the pub with them aswell, a few times, kinda like a lil guest apperence