Gary Moore sounds like a women

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
stu_hig

I noticed this the other day when I was playing with the pitches of some mp3s. I put 'Still got the Blues' on by Gary Moore and raised the pitch about 3 steps and he really sounds like some female soul singer or somthing! :)

So, anyone know of any other songs where the singer sounds like a women when raised in pitch? :lol:

(oh, BTW it dosen't work with Steve)
Real_Confusions

You could try raising the pitch of Rush. Man, that would be high pitched.
treeduck

If you raised the pitch on 2112 you'd end up with "little Green men" about 4 foot 2 :wink:
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

All I know is he didn't sound like a woman when I seen him live. :wink: :guitar
Constantine

Thats right, and man can he solo....I think of him firstly as a guitarist....hmm try raising the pitch on any of those Scissor Sisters songs..thatll be amusing
jemgirl

hmm,its not nice to say that gary sounds like a woman just b/c you raised the pitch.
gary is a good player and singer,and he should be listened in the right pitch like all singers should.
however i`m sure youre just fooling around with the pitch. :wink:

patricia
Snow

Talking about Gary Moore there is a finnish band called Nightwish, who have made a cover song from Over the Hills and Far Away... if you are interested check it out.
Big Bad Bill

Stu, if you speed up Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up' he sound not only like a woman, but sounds like Kylie Minogue! :shock: It works the other way around too. I remember there being some contrtoversy over this when they were both with Stock, Aitken and Waterman!
IbanezRules

Snow wrote:Talking about Gary Moore there is a finnish band called Nightwish, who have made a cover song from Over the Hills and Far Away... if you are interested check it out.
I know that song. It is freaking awesome! Nightwish kicks ASS!
EVO 555

try the dude from the darkness or robert plant

Nightwish are great! Very cool band, & they really kick ass live! :shock: :guitar :headbang

Tarja RULES!!!
stu_hig

jemgirl wrote:hmm,its not nice to say that gary sounds like a woman just b/c you raised the pitch.
gary is a good player and singer,and he should be listened in the right pitch like all singers should.
however i`m sure youre just fooling around with the pitch. :wink:

patricia
Hehe, yeah Patty I was just fooling around! :)
jemgirl

oh its oke stu! :wink:
one comment made me lmao, put geddy`s pitch a little higher.
hahaha his natural voice is high but when raising the pitch a little more...hahaha
ax murderer

Jeff Buckley.

oh wait, he sounds like a female soul singer anyway. awesome voice.

speaking of Gary Moore though, i was working a session job in the same studio in London as him and the present-day incarnation of Thin Lizzy not too long ago, and a couple of times, i had breakfast about 4 feet away from him. i couldn't bring myself to say hi though, i just smiled a bit, and looked as if to say 'yes, i know i'm young, but i know who you are.' not a bad experience to have had as a working musician before you turn 20!! :D

p.s - he can still play. oh yes.

Is anyone here familiar with any of these Gary Moore albums, if so, how are they? I appreciate any info:

A Different Beat
Back To The Blues
Scars

I seen all 3 of these today for $5 each, I was gonna buy them.
:?