Dream Theater question

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
IbanezRules

Agree.
I don't understand why everybody like Awake the most, Its definetly a good album, but their latest realese are much better.
kilrot
Newcomer

Images And Words, then Awake.
smashamp47
Newcomer

For a heavier album get Awake or SDOIT. For some classic Dream Theater go for Images and Words.
bet23

funny, i HATE 6 degrees...

go with AWAKE and I&W's , then change of seasons...
Gulliver

... And I wonder why almost nobody likes Falling Into Infinity. I think it's a brilliant album.
Guess I'm weird...
Viper

I don't think FII is a bad album, in fact it's a rather good one. A little different I felt, more radio friendly one could say.
3mip1s4la
Newcomer

don't get FII, that's when Elektra forced them to sell out. "radio friendly" is oposite with dream theater.get awake.

ooor...... you can wait until october 8th and buy their new album.
spawn2048

I don't know why people dislike FII. I was talking to a mate once about the album, and they said they didn't like it, and I agreed but then said ''But actually 'song x' is really cool, and so is 'song y', and thinking about it so is 'song z'....hangon a minute.....there isn't a bad song on the album, I love it really''. FII is not a bad album, just different, but still cool. I mean, all of DT's albums are different in some way or another, but FII seems more different, but it is still an amazing album and contains some of DT's bests songs like Peruvian Skies, Burning My soul, Lines In The Sand, Just Let Me Breathe, Anna Lee, and Trial of Tears. I wanted to write all of the songs down in that list, but it would rather defeat the purpose. FII ROCKS!!!
Merlin
Newcomer

3mip1s4la wrote:don't get FII, that's when Elektra forced them to sell out.
Don't be ridiculous. How can you call amazing songs like 'Lines In The Sand' a sell out? :roll:
satchvai

Awake, I and W, 6 degrees...in that order..then get the live from new york DVD
shader

I just got "Awake"... i'm really having a hard time getting into it... it hasn't sucked me in the way "Scenes from a memory" has
smashamp47
Newcomer

shader wrote:I just got "Awake"... i'm really having a hard time getting into it... it hasn't sucked me in the way "Scenes from a memory" has
Well thats probably because Awake isnt really a concept album like Scenes from a memory is. Awake is about realizing something's going down if you know what i mean.
fingolfin
Newcomer

hullo people........

.............you should go and buy all their albums and listen to the "feel" with their different keyboard players...........start from the start, hehehe, my fave album is scenes from a memory, my fave song is six o clock...............
Jack Damien
Newcomer

Well like you I got "Scenes From A Memory" first too. Then I got "A Change Of Seasons" then "Awake". I would get "Awake" next if I were you.
shader

they go through keyboardists like old socks