PURPLE vs. Zeppelin?

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Constantine

IS it Purple, Rainbow and Blackmore's night that does it for you?

Or do the Yardbirds, the Zep and Page an Plant that wield the magic touch?

Apparently Classic Rock think its Purple...well I think not...any more for any more-any opinion respected?
hopeless

Well i believ although they played the classical rock, but everyone left a touch on me... they are all good.. Purple played great songs as well as the others.. i prefer purple among all however.
Vaituoso

Zeppelin. I love Purple, but they're not even on the horizon when compared to Plant and Co.
jemgirl

easy! there both hit my soul.

patricia
Constantine

I guess all of you are right-why should there be a competition-both bands helped put hard rock up there where it should be
jemgirl

Constantine wrote:I guess all of you are right-why should there be a competition-both bands helped put hard rock up there where it should be
so true!!
and there still kicking asses today.
Instrumentalrockrocks

well that's a VERY good question.....uhhhh

Well I like it both... Purple is just the cool hard rock sound of the 70's and Zep is more complicated and more.... well I can't explain with my crappy English :lol:

Shred On :guitar
Constantine

Definitely, Ive chosen a song by Rob Plant as my first wedding dance:):):) Both bands were and still are making good music, which is more than can be said about....well...85% of the music industry today:)
resha

Vaituoso wrote:Zeppelin. I love Purple, but they're not even on the horizon when compared to Plant and Co.
that's my opinion too :lol:
hopeless

well it only depends on the listener.. good music is good music whether you liked it or not. but sometimes certain peices of music hits you deeply more than others... but good is good no matter what .
Viva La Revolucion

Personally I've always loved the classic Deep Purple over Led Zeppelin even though Zep is great too.

Rock on! :headbang
Constantine

See a lot of people say that!!! I think its a damn good point, Viva La Revolucion!!!! Both bands rock!
Viva La Revolucion

It has probably something to do with the fact I picked up a guitar after my dad gave me a tape with `Child in time' on it :D . If my dad gave me a tape with `Heartbreaker' on it it could have been otherwise :D
stu_hig

resha wrote:
Vaituoso wrote:Zeppelin. I love Purple, but they're not even on the horizon when compared to Plant and Co.
that's my opinion too :lol:
I second that! :)
Constantine

Well your Dad certainly knows his stuff, yet man Child still amazes me, that and Highway Star...Ian has an amazing voice dont you think and well Blackus is as diverse as Page, Page had his acoustic tunings and Balckus has..well Blackmore's Night:):)