DLR news

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
Matwey

DLR news

#1 Post by Matwey » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:10 pm

..i was kinda freaked off when i recieved this subscription from guess who? PLAINSONGS!!! 8) (also i don't remeber that i've subscribed for it, but that was a good surprise anyway :))

So since Steve used to play in DLR band, i thought it'll be good to post this one here too :) :

"DAVID LEE ROTH'S DIAMOND DAVE IN STORES JULY 8!

One of the truly legendary frontmen of rock & roll, David Lee Roth returns with a new CD July 8, on the Magna Carta label. Diamond Dave is a staggeringly enjoyable feast of cover songs (including The Beatles, Steve Miller, and Savoy Brown) and new original material, including a new recording of "Ice Cream Man" (made famous when Roth was in Van Halen)... It's Diamond Dave, and it's yours July 8!

Catch David Lee Roth all this weekend on VH1 Classic's David Lee Roth Weekend!
Click here for info!(http://www.vh1.com/channels/vh1_classic/channel.jhtml)

CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO DOWNLOADS, DLR TOUR DATES & MORE! (http://www.magnacarta.net/news/diamonddave.html)"
Last edited by Matwey on Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MEX

#2 Post by MEX » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:17 pm

mmm i dont remember suscribing either and i got that message, now it makes me even angrier :evil: .. where did they get my e mail from?
not that i didnt like the news.

Matwey

#3 Post by Matwey » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:13 am

heh, i just got 6 out of 10 in DLR quiz at VH1 :) i would have 7 -- i just had clicked $6.000 instead of $600 for the "Jump" video :roll: Btw very good specific VH third question -- and i knew the right answer for sure! 8) :D

bob mac

#4 Post by bob mac » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:00 am

I just wish there was some more originals on it. He should have took the band he toured with and recorded a full album. If you seen them live, they were pretty good........

Stella

#5 Post by Stella » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:09 pm

Matwey-

Glad you started the thread-I didn't realize he was featured on VH-1 this weekend! I've got tickets to see him in a couple of weeks...

My car (which I'm very fond of) was maliciously broken into today, in broad day light, in front of a witness, for no apparent reason other than criminal mischief. The DLR videos were uplifting and amusing, especially being that I'm still quite rattled!!!

Matwey

#6 Post by Matwey » Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:44 pm

Stella, i'm glad i was useful! :D (anyway i don't have a chance to wath VH1, so at least someone else saw that -- YOU! 8) )

bob mac -- well, if that was ol' good mighty band of EE'n'S and SS with SV in there -- then i would definately love to see.. and eat 'em all with a red hot chilly pepper sauce for being that COOL sounding! :lol: And if not -- then not ;) Or at least i'm not sure :P