hardest song you have ever learn to play??

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
IbanezRules

Just... LOL..
JS

Nothing is hard if you putt your mind to it!(and fingers) 8)

I've been playing by ear all 7 years!I gained a lot of respect for the msicions this way!Especialy Satch and Vai!It's like doing a puzzle,but when you come to the solution you also get to a better understanding for the music and the person who wrote the songs!It can be very emotional in some way! :wink:
TheTwanMan

Blue Powder is a real bitch i'd tell ya:)
The Prez

That song from Satch was easy, untill the solo kicked it, the spped isn't the thing, it's just getting it to sound smooth.
ShawShred

Satch boogie, Definitly.
Precision Sniper
Newcomer

Anyone tried Jeff Healey's version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps,it's rock solid,I struggled with the arrpegiated intro,not to mention some the really fast licks.
Stairway To Heaven,still can't play it all but I can play the intro,helped alot with my fingerpicking.
Van Halen's Panama,Eruption and Spanish Fly(never heard an acoustic played so fast) and Rory Gallagher's Bullfrog Blues(hardest slide guitar I've ever tried to play).
Also Yngwie Malmsteen's "Guitar Solo" and "Far Beyond The Sun",I gave up after a few minutes,can you blame me really?
And finally I'm too scared to even try Vai's stuff,I really am,the man's a maniac,he plays the guitar like it's an extension of his body and soul(scary stuff!!).
GuitarSlinger

man ive been trying to work out some allan holdsworth...all i can say is DONT BOTHER its to crazy, i just checked out his instruction vid as well man :shock: not to mad about his music but as a musician.... u got give it to him
TongueNGroove

I'd have to say Yngwie's Trilogy would be the hardest i ever learned... but i never could play it REALLY well. The hardest song that i learned that i can actually nail note for note would probably be Satch Boogie.
eyebnez

"KING KONG" BY ZAPPA
From Uncle Meat disk 2

"Fire Garden Suite" From Fire Garden was no picnic innthe park either 8)

The Hardest Song I've learned to play is the Crying Machine simply because of the articulation of the bends. Very difficult to get right on the money(Really Impossible :x ).
Yoshi
Newcomer

I'd have to say "Eugene's Trick Bag" because it took me months to learn to play it perfectly and up to speed. Many Vai songs(and many other artist's songs) are difficult to play not just because of the technical aspect of the song, but the emotional aspect. You don't know what Vai or whomever was thinking or feeling when they were writing the song, therefore, its hard to play a particular song without feeling the emotion they were at the time.
IbanezRules

TongueNGroove wrote:I'd have to say Yngwie's Trilogy would be the hardest i ever learned... but i never could play it REALLY well. The hardest song that i learned that i can actually nail note for note would probably be Satch Boogie.

I guess there is noone on this earth ever that have
been able to play the EXACT notes Yngwie play in his solos..
He says he even can't do it himself, since he always improvises his solos :D
As long as the chrod structure and rhytm etc. is correct its OK I think.