A Steve Vai autobiography?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
wolvesuk
Newcomer

Would we ever see a Vai biography? just think of all the people he has worked with and toured and some of the stories he must have.........Frank,Roth,Whitesnake,Ozzy.........even meeting Prince there would be enough for a book and a half....................
F#Minor

Check out the bio pages on Vai.com.... some funny stuff there
kangaroo

There is a Steve Vai story or two in Frank Zappa's autobiography, The Real Frank Zappa Book. Not a whole lot of Vai stuff, but a very worthwhile read.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Steve's Journals on Vai.com are added to periodically. I don't usually mention they've been updated, but, they are worth checking out once in a while for new tidbits.

Eventually they'll be vast.

:)

- Mikey
vai.com
guitarplayer5555
Newcomer

I remeber reading in I think my Passion and Warfare TAB book that Vai was planning on writing a book but I guess never did. I read once in Metal Edge that when Vai was asked who he would want write his biography he said no one.
davester1234

mikey, a guy like steve vai deserves a full blown autobiography.....

Seriously, I believe it'd be a hit in the guitar community.
How cool would that be?

200 pages of everything vai!
jmchambers5

This looks to be interesting. Its a book written bye the female vocalist that was featured on Flex-able, and i think she sang some on flexable leftovers. She is one half of Ranten and Rayven. This is the title of the book:

Under The Same Moon: My life with Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, Bob Harris and a community of other artistic
souls,

And heres the link to her page:
http://www.thanaharris.com/
disaxster

few years ago here in italy we had a sort of "biography", the title is "Steve Vai - chitarra aliena dal pianeta terra" ( SV alien guitar from planet earth), is a good book, in italian :lol:
freeze

I would buy it for sure. How Vai came to be. I like hearing about youth as he works hard with great sucess learning his chops ect.
RickAllen

I have a "Steve Vai Bio" that I got when I ordered the Leftovers 10". It's in my closet right now and can't remember how many pages it is. It's not a book, but it's still cool to read.
Last edited by RickAllen on Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickAllen

I've found it. :D

It is called "the STEVE VAI BIO" it is 13 pages long, including the cover and forward. Very short, typed on standard letter size paper. Printed in 1986. I got it when I ordered Flexable Leftovers. A t-shirt also came with it.

-Rick