What happened?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
GTR-MAN

Big Bad Bill wrote:18 hours? Pah-I wish I did a litltle as that. Our Dad would wake us up at 1 int' morning, three hours before we went to sleep, thrash us to death with 'is belt and make us work fo' 27 hours a day wit' nowt but freezing cold poison in our stomachs for breakfast! You young 'uns don't know ya born!

Well..... I do live in Yorkshire, afterall :wink:

27 hours a day ? What planet do you live on? On earth we have 24 hour days. And we don't eat poison for breakfast... unless you count McDonalds. ewww.
sonny sixshooter

GTR-MAN wrote: 27 hours a day ? What planet do you live on? On earth we have 24 hour days. And we don't eat poison for breakfast... unless you count McDonalds. ewww.
Planet Python...
lydian7

anuj wrote:V41:

he just played a show with sharon isbin in paris on saturday .. not so sure about the luxurious bit :) i'd be fine with "hard work".

~A
Since when did playing music you love for a living become hard work? ;)
ultrazone_seeker

that would be the whole lot of practice, organization, schedules, getting a hold of your old recordings you did on someone else's projects... etc etc... you know, all the stuff that's not playing the music you love but is necessary if you want to do that.
lydian7

ultrazone_seeker wrote:that would be the whole lot of practice, organization, schedules, getting a hold of your old recordings you did on someone else's projects... etc etc... you know, all the stuff that's not playing the music you love but is necessary if you want to do that.
That's the role of the A&R guys and managers surely? :D Relax, I know steve has his work cut out really. ;)

Now about the topic...I don't remember hearing anyone promise that it would be done before the album is released. Isn't it just to coincide with the albums release rather than to lead-up to it?
V41

lydian7 wrote:
ultrazone_seeker wrote:that would be the whole lot of practice, organization, schedules, getting a hold of your old recordings you did on someone else's projects... etc etc... you know, all the stuff that's not playing the music you love but is necessary if you want to do that.
That's the role of the A&R guys and managers surely? :D Relax, I know steve has his work cut out really. ;)

Now about the topic...I don't remember hearing anyone promise that it would be done before the album is released. Isn't it just to coincide with the albums release rather than to lead-up to it?
If that were the case, why wouldn't he wait and do them all at once? I thought they were going to slowly fill it so we knew what the complete album cover looked like and so we understood the logistics behind each song before listening...

... granted we all know what the album cover looks like by now, but still. It seems to me it was meant to be finished close to/when the album was released.

All I'm saying that is, if Steve wants to do that, he's almost out of time.
ultrazone_seeker

it doesn't bother me personally... i'm doing it as spoiler free as possible so i can be excited when i finally get mine.

$0.02
V41

ultrazone_seeker wrote:it doesn't bother me personally... i'm doing it as spoiler free as possible so i can be excited when i finally get mine.

$0.02
I would, too, but it's a concept album... I'd like to know the story!