Your wish for the real illusions show opener

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
bigsyl
Newcomer

"Here and now" from sex and religion
sword

The Audience is Listening would be cool for all the insults on the teacher. I think that would blow new Vai fans away that are experiencing Vai for the first time.

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)
stu_hig

bigsyl wrote:"Here and now" from sex and religion
That would be cool! :P I really want Steve to play All About Eve no matter whats first!
nienturi

How about "shy boy" again?
Its fast,funny song with full of energy. It'd be good choice to enterance of a show. But if we should make a different choice,my vote goes to "audience is listening"
GreenMeanie

My #1 choice would be "Dying For Your Love", #2 would be "Love Blood" and #3 would be "Badhorsie"

Joanne
FINGERS76

GreenMeanie wrote:My #1 choice would be "Dying For Your Love", #2 would be "Love Blood" and #3 would be "Badhorsie"

Joanne
Mid tempo songs to open a show..????

Please don't encourage Vai to sing.
GreenMeanie

FINGERS76 wrote:
GreenMeanie wrote:My #1 choice would be "Dying For Your Love", #2 would be "Love Blood" and #3 would be "Badhorsie"

Joanne
Mid tempo songs to open a show..????

Please don't encourage Vai to sing.
Sorry you dont like my choices but that is what they are MY CHOICES. I personally love Steve's voice. Sorry that you do not feel the same way.

Joanne
sonny sixshooter

As long as it is a killer song that kicks ass! When I saw him on the Ultra Zone, where he opened with Here I am, now that rocked hard. But if I could choose... I'd pick some early Metallica. Or maybe Wire and Wood by Alcatrazz.
litlgrnman

Normally I would expect him to open the show w/ something from the new cd. Fire Garden tour opened w/ 'There's A Fire In The House', UltraZone tour fired up fittingly w/ 'Here I Am' and the last G3 was 'I Know You're Here'. But if he plans on playing the new cd in its entirety I wouldn't expect him to start the show with it.

What I'd like to hear? Hmmm....how about 'The Audience Is Listening' or 'Greasy Kids Stuff'
V41

Hm.

I think it would be cool to open up with the Crossroads Duel, and segway that into something like Erotic Nightmares or Giant Balls of Gold or something with a heavy rhythm riff to start.

Definitely nothing from the new album. I think he needs to place those songs strategically amongst the other songs, to garnish the most attention and focus on them.

Just my opinion.

And I love Steve's voice, too, Joanne. I think those are good choices!
saxaxe

I personally think Steve's voice is one of the best I've heard....but anyways, The Audience is Listening would be a great opener!....But other than that, somethin from the new album would be good...
EyesOfFire0221

Something tender like rescue me ot bury me . or lotus feet something nice and easy to start out before the bombardment of guitar onslaught that is going to follow i cant wait for eh new material though .
Vaituoso

Shyboy
John

Building The Church
Vaiboy

Even though it has been used as an opener in the past, my vote goes to "Shyboy". It's just so much fun. Then, right into "Giant Balls of Gold" etc.