Discuss the Real Illusions: Reflections Previews!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
fp77&ep7owner

#151 Post by fp77&ep7owner » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:16 am

He did record real horn parts for Firewall.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com[/quote]

I stand corrected. I should listen more carefully before I go running my fingers. Thanks for the clarification.

Horn players need jobs too!!!!!

fineweather

#152 Post by fineweather » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:40 am

Mikey wrote:
fp77&ep7owner wrote:I love the new stuff. I was very afraid with the concept alblum idea but, as always, Steve delivers plenty of inspiration. I really like the tune Firewall. Too bad he didn't record real horn parts. I know where to find a good t-bone player!!!!!! I work pretty cheap too! :wink:
He did record real horn parts for Firewall.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com

Jerry Hey, Gary Grant (trumpets) and Bill Reichenbach (t-bone) etc.
played for Firewall.
Steve told about it in the interview for the newest issue of
Player Magazine(Japanese music magazine for the music players. Japanese language only.).
I like the sound of horn parts. :)

I hope the thing about horn parts will be featured
in the next Inside RI:R(part 5:Firewall).

litlgrnman

Dying

#153 Post by litlgrnman » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:36 am

I'm still holdin' out! Quitting smoking was easier but I have still resisted the urge to sample the Real Illusions. I just want to hear the songs in their entirety the first time through.

Based on what I've read from all of you I have to say the anticipation is pretty intense. I like what I'm pickin' up and I can't wait to experience it performed live!!

xgtdec
Newcomer

#154 Post by xgtdec » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:14 am

you know i was just checking and all thr listing for real illusions is the same as the mystery archive album i have....i presume there is an explanation.....lol.....just wondering what??????

Moderator777

#155 Post by Moderator777 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:11 am

xgtdec wrote:you know i was just checking and all thr listing for real illusions is the same as the mystery archive album i have....i presume there is an explanation.....lol.....just wondering what??????
Was this from Amazon.com? I believe this is an error. The Sony music site has it properly labeled.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com

s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i

ringtone

#156 Post by s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:59 am

yo guys about the ringtone that u can download Building The Church, is that real tone or polyphonic cuz i cant figure out how to download it dude! lol

check it out at:
http://www.sonymusicmobile.com/hub/sony ... teve%20Vai

#157 Post by s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:01 am

V41 wrote:Steve isn't obligated to play a certain kind of music. If he wanted to do an album that was covers of new-age punk songs, he could, and none of us can stop him. It's okay to have an opinion, of course, but to dislike something because you were expecting something else isn't that good. Okay, so you got a guitar instead of a bicycle for Christmas. Well, you may not grow up to be a professional Motocross racer, but you might end up playing sold-out stadium shows. Just have to take something to it's most perfect place. :D
exactly, you dont make music just so that other people adore you, you make it because it makes you happy and feel good by making it or listening to ur own music. I can imagine that even steve likes his own music in the emotional way that I do with songs like tender surrender and those kind of songs, and that is what writing music is all about.

#158 Post by s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:02 am

HeBoMan wrote:Haven't heard a second yet with the exception of "Lotus Feet" and that was because of the Aching Hunger concert....... To quote Steve from his comment at the song “Dying For Your Love”:
=quote=
You’ll only get one first listen to this one with it’s accompanying sensation.
=end quote=
And that's exactly what I'm planning to do: wait for the cd to arrive, put it in the player, headphones up, volume loud and and enjoy the excitement of hearing the whole cd first time......looking forward to it! 8)
same here man, just another 5 days to go and then im not available to anyone anymore;)

Invisibo86
Newcomer

#159 Post by Invisibo86 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:09 am

I find it interesting that featured teasers for the fans, such as the picture of Steve recording "The Silence is Warm Inside" and the killer vid of him recording "The Blob" are not actually featured on this album. I just realized that since I was really looking forward to both of those...hehehe.

Moderator777

#160 Post by Moderator777 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:45 am

Invisibo86 wrote:I find it interesting that featured teasers for the fans, such as the picture of Steve recording "The Silence is Warm Inside" and the killer vid of him recording "The Blob" are not actually featured on this album. I just realized that since I was really looking forward to both of those...hehehe.
Remember, when Steve is in the studio recording the titles are called 'working titles'. The names generally change before release. You'll find 'The Blob' is actually 'Midway Creatures'. The video released on the vai.com website was the actual cut that made the album.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com

wackyjackie21613

#161 Post by wackyjackie21613 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:32 am

from what i've heard i LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT :P

great work steve has done on this one, did i mention
I LOVE IT? LMAO :lol:

me :wink:

GuitarStrings

#162 Post by GuitarStrings » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:20 am

Under it All moved me so deeply.
The US president(fake) and "Bin Lenny"'s speachs are something really sarcastic, but at the same time so realistic and scaring.