G3 Japan

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
fineweather

The ticket reservations for pre-sale of G3 in Japan starts at noon Feb 19(JST)!
http://mars.eplus.co.jp/ss/kougyou/matome.asp?kc=012204
The reservations may be decided by drawing......
but I'd like to get them......!

I'm so glad the aftershow meetings are held in Japan! :D
If I can get tickets, I'm going to enter the contest! :wink:
TomJackson
Newcomer

Has anyone any idea if Vai, Satchi, or anyone in this genre, will be visiting the UK this year to gig? We get awful lonely on this little island of ours!
zappadons

Vai is touring Europe in September Im led to believe so Im sure a few shows in the UK are on the cards!
saxtmich
Newcomer

Ekim wrote:I just hope they film it for a DVD release. I was so mad they didn't do that in 2001.
Nothing would make me happier than if they released the Japan footage with Petrucci. I mean Yngwie is greased lightning and he put on a pretty good show on the last G3 DVD release, but to me his playing is bland. It is all about ripping up and down scales and doing blistering arpeggios... the man is afraid to slow down and make something that sings. Now, John on the other hand is supersonic and melodic. You ask me who the top three guitarist are and my response would look exactly like what is going to happen in Japan... John, Satch, and Vai. I would easily pay five times more money for that DVD than the 2003 DVD.
Bono

zappadons wrote:Vai is touring Europe in September Im led to believe so Im sure a few shows in the UK are on the cards!
It's my Birthday in September (the 28th) so if a Vai concert happened in September that would just be the best birthday present in the universe 8)
laficojr

Bono wrote:
zappadons wrote:Vai is touring Europe in September Im led to believe so Im sure a few shows in the UK are on the cards!
It's my Birthday in September (the 28th) so if a Vai concert happened in September that would just be the best birthday present in the universe 8)

Hhehe I'm sure about that..... :wink:
fineweather

Wow!! :o
EVO Premium Experience will be held in Japan, too?! :shock:
Oooo......I bought EVO tickets for G3 Japan(all venues)...
...though I've already bought general tickets......
Aaaahhh......call me stupid......

......but I'm so glad! :D
marius
Newcomer

may be you don't know or i hope for you that you know him,anyway is my favorite jazz guitarist and i would be damned for a jam section like that!
i'm sorry to said that but i think that petrucci in live(i've got lots of dvd)..............is ..........shit!!!!!!!sorry but in a live concert with steve he's gonna be.....................shit!!!!!!!
SORRY ABOUT THAT!!! :oops:
shacks

Hey, just read in the news section that Evo package people will also get an aftershow pass too, so you can meet all three G3ers aswell!! Lucky you!! 8)

http://www.vai.com/News/index.html

shacks
fineweather

:o :o :o

Surprised at seeing the latest news! :o
How kind to us Japanese fans!
That Japanese is correcter than I use English... :oops:
That's great!
(Of course, I've already got mine. Some of my friends, too!:wink: )

Thank you!! :D
Bono

I'd be interested to know how the aftershows work...would the guys have interpreters? I'm assuming that all G3 fans won't be able to speak English and I wouldn't have thought Steve, Joe or John could speak Japanease lol...
sonny sixshooter

Bono wrote:I'd be interested to know how the aftershows work...would the guys have interpreters? I'm assuming that all G3 fans won't be able to speak English and I wouldn't have thought Steve, Joe or John could speak Japanease lol...
I'm curious as to why there should be special rules for Japan? I suspect they will speak english.
fineweather

I think the organizer prepares a interpreter.
As far as I know, the interpreter worked when Vai made a long and
complicated "joke" at the shows for the Ultra Zone Japan tour... :mrgreen:
Vai, Satch and Petrucci are used to touring Japan. :wink:
fineweather

Hey!
One show is added in May 5...!!! :shock:
The venue is Zepp Tokyo.
...Will Evo Premium Experience for this show be held ?? :roll:

BTW, a Japanese guitarist is the guest player for this show, his name is DAITA, ex.SIAM SHADE(one of the Japanese hard rock band but broke up about 3 years ago). I was a fan of the band and often went their shows. DAITA is a good guitarist, I think his technique is better than HOTEI, but I'm not a fan of him... :lol: I can't be moved with his sounds... :roll:
fineweather

How wonderful this morning is! :D :o
(Now's morning in Japan.)
I got my EVO ticket of the show for Zepp Tokyo!

I couldn't win my presale ticket(seated) at the ticket office in Japan yesterday,
so I unwillingly reserved a ticket for standing.
BUT...!
VAI.com doesn't disappoint me! :D
THANKS A LOT! :D