G3 Japan

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Jonesy038

Joe, Steve and JP? Man how lucky are they, we got Robert Fripp they get John Petrucci! That's going to be off the hook. *Books flight to Japan*.
Rico

Surely a G3 in Japan should feature Tomoyasu Hotei?

By the way, check out Hotei's Electric Samurai compilation. Fantabulous.
May
Newcomer

I want to know more details about G3-Japan as soon as possible.

I'll go to see them absolutely :D and also I want to see Steve's own
show,too...
Absent

what!??! :shock: Japan only?!

...that ain´t fair & a (F)rip(p)-off ... I hope the guys are going to make a G3-leg in Europe ... don´t wanna fly to Japan ... :?
I also think they should choose a local guitar freak from Asia or so ... but Petrucci would be very unfair to those european´s who attended the last G3 with Fripp...

...just my .01c
fineweather

:D :o

I'm awfully glad!

Mikey, more information, please!! :wink:
Jonesy038

Absent wrote:what!??! :shock: Japan only?!

...that ain´t fair & a (F)rip(p)-off ... I hope the guys are going to make a G3-leg in Europe ... don´t wanna fly to Japan ... :?
I also think they should choose a local guitar freak from Asia or so ... but Petrucci would be very unfair to those european´s who attended the last G3 with Fripp...

...just my .01c
I agree it is most unfair lol, for those of us who are into DT and instrumental rock rather than obscure atonal noise, but that debate has been done!!

BTW, the news was on the news page Jan 20th, all it says is 'G3 Japan 05, SV, JS, JP, stay tuned.' It won't be Europe or the US, definitely not. It'll just be a few dates. Vai will be touring Real Illusions most of this year, besides we had a G3 Europe 6 months ago so no way will we get one this soon I don't think.
stu_hig

You know, I was thinking. JP-Jimmy Page :shock: nah I doubt it.
Jonesy038

Lol, yeah I would doubt it, plus with the fact it is in Japan, and you know the Japanese have a huge thing for Dream theater......
resha

all those japanese "guitar-heads" will be very lucky... :cry:
for us europeans maybe the next time :roll:

---REMEMBER... LIFE IS GOOD---
Jonesy038

Sadly I think it will be a long long time until we see a JP G3 in Europe, if in fact we ever do. He's done the US job, and no doubt the reason he is on the Japan tour is because they know with Japan being huge on Dream Theater, they will sell even more tickets cos people are going to be going nuts over it. I am very, very jealous!!
Petie

Y'know, Japan's not that far away from Australia.....
Samuele

You know, I think it's quite likely to be John Petrucci. After all, he's releasing his first solo record Suspended Animation (see http://www.dreamtheater.net/news_petrucci.php#suspended) and maybe wants to tour a little. Some of the songs on that record were also performed during the U.S. G3 in 2001, like Glasgow Kiss or Lost Without You, if I remember correctly. He's probably tweaked them a bit, I daresay.
DTW

G3 With Joe, Steve and John P :shock: ??
Geez, please make that a world tour. Or an European tour. (Or Austria tour? hehe).
Witnessing that would make life's worth multiply itself by 1000 times!! :D

Come on, it can't be THAT impossible to arrange a tour like that in the next 5 years...
May
Newcomer

resha wrote:all those japanese "guitar-heads" will be very lucky... :cry:
G3 Japan...This is the first time.

Me and many of Japanese SV fan wish earnestly we could see Real Illusions Tour,too.

I personally envy lucky U.S fan who can attend "Evo Premium Experience" :(

...Sorry for my terrible English writing :oops:
Vaituoso

Absent wrote:what!??! :shock: Japan only?!

...just my .01c
Screw Europe. They need to play with Petrucci in the States!