Real Illusions Tour Setlist: You Tell Us!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Knyq

1. Juice
2. Blue Powder
3. The Audience is Listening
4. The Attitude Song
5. I'm the Hell Outta Here

and anything and everything from real illusions
Quikman4315

Wow I havent posted in a while...Anyway, is Steve going to play all the stuff of the RI Album and the 5 songs that are most voted for? I would love to hear all the stuff of RI, considering this is my first Vai concert im going to be going to :D

A.M.P.
Uriel
Newcomer

Boston Rain Melody
Hand on Heart
Warm Regards
Whispering a Prayer
Windows to the Soul

And also, in alphabetical order huh!! :-)

Regards,
Uriel
AntiType
Newcomer

-Aching Hunger
-The Boy from Seattle
-Erotic Nightmares
-The Ultra Zone
-Firewall
wan
Newcomer

1: Juice
2:Attitude song
3:For the love of god
4:Blowfish
5:freak show excess
SPQR

I would like to hear steve play:

For The Love Of God

Lotus Feet

Boston Rain Melody

Tender Surrender

Blue Powder
Gyula Prath
Newcomer

1. Die To Live
2. Rescue me or Bury me
3. Frank
4. Riddle
5. Sisters
6. Boys from Seattle
Lande
Newcomer

1. For The Love Of God
2. Lotus Feet
3. Boston Rain Melody
4. Blue Powder
5. All About Eve
smeghead
Newcomer

Boston Rain Melody
The Blood And Tears
Feathers
Sisters
Jibboom
DanMcOgden
Newcomer

an original song for New York City, or a cover of one at Mr Vai's choice
(Alive in an Ultra World did not contain one for our home town hero -- I know I certainly noticed). Special walk on guests could include the Statue of Liberty poser from the front of Central Park or the Naked Cowboy from Times Square. Barring them, Guiliani -- get that man into a gee-tar!

Tink Walks Amok (from FZ "Man From Utopia"; this can be an intro or seque into something else - like a drum solo. Special guest star: Dweezil.

A medley of Steve's "The House is on Fire" morphed with Joe Satriani's "Surfing with the Alien" -- both gentlman onstage, maybe even trading licks for their counterparts songs. This is an easily workable medly that would undoubtedly be a HUGE crowd pleaser with Joe as an unannounced special guest.

A totally unconventional song with either an existing solo in front or room for one; my suggestions are either "Eminence Front" by the Who or "I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More, Baby" by Barry White. Special guest could be Isaac Hayes for the latter, maybe even Pete Townsend for the former.

Finally, an over the top song of Steve's choice offered as a fund-raising incentive for "Make a Noise" -- "I've got a surprise for you, but I'll only play it if we hit our fundraising goal of X$. See the staff at the merchandise table and the ticket area to make a donation." I still think the concertgoers themselves are a wasted resource from a fundrasing perspective -- most would come close to emptying their pockets for Steve -- all he has to do is ask nicely.

One man's humble opinion.
DanMcOgden
Newcomer

I know, this is another song...but it could be the "special treat" I mentioned in my prior post:

Who wouldn't be out of his or her seat to hear Mr Vai play "The Duel/Eugene's Trick Bag" with the ending of his own choice? Ry Cooder? Maybe as a guest, though The Breed has such an incredible lineup already that another guitarist might not be necessary...however, a harmonica could be useful How about John Popper?
Snow

1. Boy-Girl Song
2. Windows to the Soul
3. Building the Church
4. In My Dreams With You
5. Speed
DanMcOgden
Newcomer

Snow – you are soooo right.

Given the choice, I’d knock one of my own self-indulgent picks/walkons/special treats that’ll never happen to hear “Windows to the Soul” in the live playlist (perhaps…as number 7 in the set?).

I’ve always been a sucker for “Tender Surrender” (and still love it) but “Windows” is my absolute favorite Vai mellifluous guitar ballad and should’ve been on my list as well. Have never seen it live and would love to. Great call.

Also – between the NYC show I saw at the Town Hall or the EVO-enhanced show I went to in Seattle that there was at least a musical “quote” of “The Boy/Girl Song” – in addition to a trunkful of other Vai oddities, snippets and exotic splendor sure to please anybody who appreciates the nice Italian boy from Long Island. However, I don’t remember if the whole song was performed.

One man's humble opinion from Jersey City.
realillusions

1.liberty
2.For the love of gold
3.erotic nightmares
4.building the church
5.bad horsie!!!!
Snow

Actually I made a minor mistake, I was supposed to write I'll be aroud instead of Speed... but I forgot the title in a hurry :oops:

The Boy/Girl Song and I'll be around are my girlfriends favourite songs from Steve Vai, and since she is attending to the show in Helsinki/Finland with me I would like her to hear those songs... lots of memories involved also :P