Inside Real Illusions: Reflections

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
laficojr

#106 Post by laficojr » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:31 am

Hey shacks,you're fast on the keys.....

:lol:
Thank you

shacks

#107 Post by shacks » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:08 am

Track 11 added!

http://www.vai.com/realillusions/11underitall.html

I will shut up now... :wink:

shacks

V41

#108 Post by V41 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:26 am

I see that there's a "Bonus Track" space.

What's the bonus track...? :?:

GreenMeanie

#109 Post by GreenMeanie » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:02 am

WOW! I just read about the making of "Under It All" in the Inside Real Illusions Reflections. This part here:

Recording this song aged me. It was death-defying the amount of focus and work. Everything in my life suffered during the frantic pace and construction of this song. First was my health, my personal life, my business obligations and the loss of the bond of my family for the time. There were three occasions when I stopped and decided I could not go on and finish it in time, and that it was not worth it because it was too odd and no body was going to get it even though it was making sense to me. I was being too selfish if I continued because it would truly be just for my gratification.

made me feel selfish for all the times I wished the album would be done sooner. :( All I can say is thank you Steve! I dont think you were being selfish at all by writing this or Dying. You give to your fans so unselfishly. I feel I owe you a lifetime of gratitude for what you have already given to Mariah and I.

Thank you so so much!

Joanne

PS Mods and Mikey if this is not the right place for this please move it to where it is.

tyky

#110 Post by tyky » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:10 am

Thanks to Mikey and Steve for making the Inside real Illusions mini site. I've truely enjoyed reading and getting information about all the songs. Especially Steves notes on Under It All were interesting. The track sounded very thick and heavy when I first heard it and reading later about it made it more special.

In addition to the songs I would like reading thoughts about the whole concept of R.I. and this first album of the series.

Thanks again!

pauldlr

#111 Post by pauldlr » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:48 am

GreenMeanie wrote:WOW! I just read about the making of "Under It All" in the Inside Real Illusions Reflections. This part here:

Recording this song aged me. It was death-defying the amount of focus and work. Everything in my life suffered during the frantic pace and construction of this song. First was my health, my personal life, my business obligations and the loss of the bond of my family for the time. There were three occasions when I stopped and decided I could not go on and finish it in time, and that it was not worth it because it was too odd and no body was going to get it even though it was making sense to me. I was being too selfish if I continued because it would truly be just for my gratification.

made me feel selfish for all the times I wished the album would be done sooner. :( All I can say is thank you Steve! I dont think you were being selfish at all by writing this or Dying. You give to your fans so unselfishly. I feel I owe you a lifetime of gratitude for what you have already given to Mariah and I.

Thank you so so much!

Joanne

PS Mods and Mikey if this is not the right place for this please move it to where it is.

I would like to second that. Many thanks Steve

sword

Bonus track

#112 Post by sword » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:46 pm

:( I can't believe there is still no info on the bonus track yet on the Inside Real Illusions page. What's the deal, other than the massive tour, that is, of course? :?:

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)

laficojr

#113 Post by laficojr » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:40 pm

Hey Mikey "the Boogie man" is the track#12?

GWinSeaWA

#114 Post by GWinSeaWA » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:39 am

"Under It All" is so deep! I listened to it twice in a row on the bus to work, and will listen to it again on the way home, this time with the lyrics at hand. The music is awesome, but the concept, the lyrics, they blow me away!

laficojr

#115 Post by laficojr » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:33 am

GWinSeaWA wrote:"Under It All" is so deep! I listened to it twice in a row on the bus to work, and will listen to it again on the way home, this time with the lyrics at hand. The music is awesome, but the concept, the lyrics, they blow me away!

Yeah it's really nice man. It has a powerfull vibe.
7 String rocks!!
Last edited by laficojr on Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Melvin

#116 Post by Melvin » Mon May 09, 2005 10:47 am

Now that I Own the album I must say that I really Like the cd hehe

Dante
Newcomer

#117 Post by Dante » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:00 am

I dont know if this really fits here, but what do you think about his look at the new album?
His hair is great, but I think he got a bit too thin.

guitar_mage

numerology and depth

#118 Post by guitar_mage » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:33 pm

If you would read all this album liners, it seems that the meaning in his work can get extremely deep, according to one's spiritual awareness. He mentions "helios and Vesta" in glorious. Search online and see who or what exactly helios and vesta are.
He released or delayed his album until Feb. 22, 2005, which comes out to the number 13 or 4 in numerology. Maybe it means something; maybe it doesn't.
His music always had to grow on me, especially on the SandR album. At first, i did not care for any of the songs on that album, but by listening to them over and over again, one by one, those songs grew beautiful. On the RI album, all the songs are now beautiful, after listening to them several times.

Anyways, who do you think you are, "under it all"?

laficojr

#119 Post by laficojr » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:54 pm

Hey guitar_mage, You're right about the numerology stuff.
I don't know if you read about that, but Steve likes to study that type of thing, including Religions, Numbers..etc..
Take a look in his guitar, the JEM 7V.
7 = Number of mystery, the divine.

Hey, probably some of you guys have never heard anything about it, but trust me , theres so Much MOre under It ALL
Last edited by laficojr on Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lydian7

#120 Post by lydian7 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:58 pm

laficojr wrote:Hey Mikey "the Boogie man" is the track#12?
Is that track any good?