Piano Reductions ....Tab?!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Gary2005

Hi guys, i've not yet got piano reductions but i've heard samples and i've fallen in love with them :D thing is though, can you get like...tabs for piano? im getting a keyboard for christmas and i really want to try and play some of those songs... i know its just as simple as taking the chords from the song and playing them on keyboard but i feel Mike did alot more than that, so is there anyone out there that has some written manuscript or something ? or maybe just knows the chords etc?

any help would be great:D

Gaz xx
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I believe a book is being worked on - or is slated for production soon.

I'll keep you updated when I hear more.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Last edited by Mikey on Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
stu_hig

Yeah, it would be a lot more complicated than just taking the chords and playing them. Piano is not an easy instrument! :D
Art

Mikey, is it likely to be transcribed by a third party, or will the book be produced from Mike Keneally's/Steve's original scores?
Gary2005

Ooooooo that would be great Mike, DEFFO get steve to release that ;)
Ramma

Yeah, woohooo for piano reductions sheet music release.. I already have "The God Eaters" from pre-ordering.. I wouldnt mind seeing the rest a bit :)
Gary2005

Can you actually get like piano tab? how does that work :/ or do you just have to read the music?
munchocruncho

I guess you can make a piano tab... but its easy to read music. Im so lucky im getting a piano soon.
spcastlemagic

I don't even see how you would make a piano tab... have an 88-line staff?

:D
mroppy
VIP
VIP

There's no such thing as piano tab, but something most people don't know is that Finale has a product called "Finale NotePad" that you can use to create your own very basic scores of things and share them with your friends.

You can get it online at http://www.finalemusic.com

Chris
laficojr

spcastlemagic wrote:I don't even see how you would make a piano tab... have an 88-line staff?

:D

:lol:
Yeah....
But.......man if a book is being produced right now....
You can be sure....
I will buy it!!! :wink:
laficojr

mroppy wrote:There's no such thing as piano tab, but something most people don't know is that Finale has a product called "Finale NotePad" that you can use to create your own very basic scores of things and share them with your friends.

You can get it online at http://www.finalemusic.com

Chris

Thank you Chris.....
But...how we can get one midi file of this album?
I have this program and it's very cool......
btw....What about Steve's shows with the orquestra?..
do you have any Score of it? :roll:

Thank you!
munchocruncho

You can too tab on piano. You can draw a piano but a black dot on which key to play, or you can write which keys to play like this

Key# from right- 22 22 34

..... Bow down before me i am going to become the greatest inventor of our time :)
laficojr

munchocruncho wrote:You can too tab on piano. You can draw a piano but a black dot on which key to play, or you can write which keys to play like this

Key# from right- 22 22 34

..... Bow down before me i am going to become the greatest inventor of our time :)

You're right! :wink:
fineweather

Is the production of the music book of Piano Reductions vol.1 going on? :roll:
I know it's difficult for me to play,
but I hope to play the tunes on the piano, which is the only one instrument I can play a little. :mrgreen:
I'm waiting it comes out. :)