EVO Premium Experience - Frequently Asked Questions

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

This thread is exclusively for questions regarding the "EVO Premium Experience" package we are offering during the Real Illusions Tour in 2005.

Please only post questions that have not been answered or addressed below.

This thread is not for discussion. Any posts not pertinent to the thread will be deleted.

Is there preferred seating for EVO Premium Experience ticket holders?
Yes - where possible tickets sold in our EVO sale for seated venues are defined by the venue as "preferred". Generally, EVO Premium Experience ticket holders and pre-sale ticket holders will have the same opportunities to get good seating.

What if the venue is General Admission?
EVO Premium Experience ticket holders will be allowed into the venue first or before everyone else - so you will be able to stake out a good position in the venue before the general public is let in.

Remember that when you buy an EVO Premium Experience package, you are paying extra money for the pre-show experience and merch bag - not extra money for the the ticket.

Do I need to arrive early?
Yes. Please arrive at the venue by 3:30pm on the afternoon of the show.* Line up at the front door on the red carpet. If someone from the venue comes out and tells you to leave or come back later, please do not listen to them. Some venue staff have not been informed of the EVO Experience by venue management.

* We will confirm the time you should arrive at the venue right before the tour, but for the time being, plan on being there at 3:30pm.

What do I need to bring with me in order to collect my EVO passes?
You will need to bring valid photo ID, and a printout of your MusicToday purchase confirmation email.

When will I actually receive the tickets?
You will receive your tickets when you arrive at the venue for the EVO Premium Experience.

Can I resell the tickets?
No

Are these tickets better than I can buy at ticket outlets or the venue?
Generally, yes. We are given an allocation from the venue, but it is sometimes possible to also get decent seats through ticket outlets as well.

How do I cancel if I can't attend?
We don’t accept cancellations. If you cannot attend and wish to send a friend or family member in your place, you may contact MusicToday to arrange the change.

Flash photography OK?
NO. We don't mind you bringing a SMALL digital or disposable camera during the EVO Premium Experience, however depending on venue policy, cameras may not be allowed at all during the show.

Can I take video/recording of the soundcheck, Q&A and concert?
NO. Anyone bringing in a video camera or any recording equipment will be ejected from the venue. We will also not allow people to use digital cameras to capture MPG video.

Does the EVO package get me backstage?
NO. The backstage area is strictly for band and crew only.

Can Steve autograph my guitar etc.?
Steve is happy to autograph CDs, vinyl, books and guitars, however you are responsible for the items you bring to the venue. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items. Some venues may not let you bring in large items such as guitars. Check with the venue first! You should only bring a couple of items AT MOST. DO NOT bring your entire collection with you.

Does the EVO Premium Experience package allow me access to the meet and greet after the show?
No. The EVO Premium Experience is a pre-show event.

When will I receive the merchandise in the package?
You will receive the merchandise in the package, along with your ticket and EVO laminate on the day of the show.

Can I give Steve a copy of my demo CD?
No. While Steve is very supporting of upcoming artists, he cannot accept your demo CDs while he is on tour. It is too much for him to carry on the road, as by the end of most tours he ends up with hundreds of them. Keep them at home as they will only be lost or forgotten on the road.

Mikey
vai.com
Last edited by Mikey on Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lea
Newcomer

I'm planning on buying one of these for my boyfriend for a birthday present, but it says they're non-transferable... how do I go about buying it in his name?
thelordofcheesecake

Aside from venue age restrictions, are there age restrictions on the EVO package? I'm 17, and I'd really like to be able to do this thing, but if there's an age restriction saying only 18+ are allowed on the EVO experience then I guess I'll just get regular tix.

Edit: also, if one of my parents was to purchase the EVO package ticket on their credit card, is there an option for putting my name as the one that went on the ticket?
Last edited by thelordofcheesecake on Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
smeghead
Newcomer

Can we use a standard uk debit card (like switch or solo) for booking evo premium tickets? or do we have to use a worldwide accepted credit card as we're buying from the american vai.com store?
chris5150
Newcomer

hi mikey
i want to get 3 evo tickets but i dont have a credit card, my dad will be buying the tickets with his card but he wont be going to the show. is there any chance of this happening? wat wud we need to bring?
thanks
chris
holiestofholes
Newcomer

Can i get evo tickets of i am only 16 and can you use debit cards and same as above? thankz x
John_P
Newcomer

Hi, I'm strugglin to decide about the EVO tickets,

I g/f is also a fan and wants to go to the show. My first thoughts were to get an evo ticket for me and a normal show ticket for her. But as I understand it we would end up sat in different parts of the theatre for the show.

She quite fancies going to the soundcheck and meeting Vai etc, but isn't a musician so we're not 100% about spending the extra, especially when it might mean someone that would appreciate it more might miss out.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
John P.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Lea wrote:I'm planning on buying one of these for my boyfriend for a birthday present, but it says they're non-transferable... how do I go about buying it in his name?
If you purchase the tickets, they will be under your name - so you can either come to the EVO lineup with your boyfriend when he check in, or give him a copy of the MusicToday confirmation email along with your credit card. Just have him explain that you bought the tickets for him.

I'll be checking everyone in, so as long as he has the print out and says that the ticket is under your name, that will be fine.

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

thelordofcheesecake wrote:Aside from venue age restrictions, are there age restrictions on the EVO package? I'm 17, and I'd really like to be able to do this thing, but if there's an age restriction saying only 18+ are allowed on the EVO experience then I guess I'll just get regular tix.

Edit: also, if one of my parents was to purchase the EVO package ticket on their credit card, is there an option for putting my name as the one that went on the ticket?
There are no age restrictions for the UK shows. All the venues are all ages. At venues where they serve alcohol, the age limit may be 18+. We will let people know on the tour dats if the shows are 18+.

Though it hasn't been announced yet, the show in Ireland will be happening after the UK shows. This show WILL BE 18+. We have tried to avoid 18+ shows as much as possible on the tour, but sometimes it's just not possible.

Regarding your parents buying you the tickets: see the post above. If they come with you to the EVO check-in that's one way. The other is that they should give you a copy of the confirmation email they will receive once they have purchased the tickets. You can just explain that your parents bought the tickets.

Regards,

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

smeghead wrote:Can we use a standard uk debit card (like switch or solo) for booking evo premium tickets? or do we have to use a worldwide accepted credit card as we're buying from the american vai.com store?
You will need to use a credit card, such as VISA or MASTERCARD.

Debit cards do not work on the system.

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

chris5150 wrote:hi mikey
i want to get 3 evo tickets but i dont have a credit card, my dad will be buying the tickets with his card but he wont be going to the show. is there any chance of this happening? wat wud we need to bring?
thanks
chris
You will need to bring a print out of the purchase confirmation email. You should also probably bring some sort of ID. At check-in for the EVO Experience, the passes will be listed under your dad's name. You just need to give that name and provide the purchase confirmation email printout.

All the best,

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

holiestofholes wrote:Can i get evo tickets of i am only 16 and can you use debit cards and same as above? thankz x
You can get the EVO tickets for the UK if you are 16, but you will need to purchase them with a major credit card such as VISA or MASTERCARD.

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

John_P wrote:Hi, I'm strugglin to decide about the EVO tickets,

I g/f is also a fan and wants to go to the show. My first thoughts were to get an evo ticket for me and a normal show ticket for her. But as I understand it we would end up sat in different parts of the theatre for the show.

She quite fancies going to the soundcheck and meeting Vai etc, but isn't a musician so we're not 100% about spending the extra, especially when it might mean someone that would appreciate it more might miss out.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
John P.
You don't need to be a musician to enjoy the EVO Experience. :)

Mikey :)
vai.com
Lea
Newcomer

Mikey wrote:
Lea wrote:I'm planning on buying one of these for my boyfriend for a birthday present, but it says they're non-transferable... how do I go about buying it in his name?
If you purchase the tickets, they will be under your name - so you can either come to the EVO lineup with your boyfriend when he check in, or give him a copy of the MusicToday confirmation email along with your credit card. Just have him explain that you bought the tickets for him.

I'll be checking everyone in, so as long as he has the print out and says that the ticket is under your name, that will be fine.

Mikey
vai.com
Ok, thats great, thanx, only problem is that my boyfriend is a bit bummed that the laminate won't have his name on it - that was one of the main souvenirs that he was looking forward to owning, and I'm sure he's not the only one in that position... anything we can do about that? (He doesn't have a credit card so I can't buy them in his name)
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Lea wrote:Ok, thats great, thanx, only problem is that my boyfriend is a bit bummed that the laminate won't have his name on it - that was one of the main souvenirs that he was looking forward to owning, and I'm sure he's not the only one in that position... anything we can do about that? (He doesn't have a credit card so I can't buy them in his name)
Laminates don't have anyone's name on them.

Mikey
vai.com