The Official Real Illusions Tour 2005 Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
sonny sixshooter

Quikman4315 wrote:How is Steve going to play "Firewall" and "Lotus Feet" on the tour? Because he wont have the trumpets in the backround will he? I guess Tony could do all that stuff on his keyboard. Anyone know what the deal is on this because I would love to hear this two live. Thanks in advance.

A.M.P.
Well, at the G3 show last year he performed the Metrppole version of For the Love of God, with Tony playing the orchrstral pieces. That worked ok. It was not the same as seeing it perfrmed live, but it was fine. I guess t will turn out somewhat the same.
Quikman4315

Ya that is what I figured. This will be my first time seing Steve live, so I will enjoy it no matter what :D

A.M.P.
zappadons

All you lucky bastards off to the show tomorrow, enjoy it!
sword

Just to interrupt the flow of whatever conversation is going on here... I WON BACKSTAGE PASSES!!! OMG!!! :shock: I can't believe the luck; at the G3 '03 concert at the Ryman in Nashville, my brother, xmudd_punkx won backstage passes and now me!! I can't wait! It's only a week away from tomorrow. And to make things even better, I bought my very first computer this past weekend and hooked it up to DSL. Yeah, baby, oh behave 8)

P.S. Thanx so much for the passes, Mikey. I eagerly look forward to getting the instructions in my e-mail. BTW, what exactly does the backstage consist of again? On the G3 '03 tour, Vai signed our merch and we took our picture with him (which I'm bringing this year for him to sign).

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)
Bono

sword wrote:Just to interrupt the flow of whatever conversation is going on here... I WON BACKSTAGE PASSES!!! OMG!!! :shock: I can't believe the luck; at the G3 '03 concert at the Ryman in Nashville, my brother, xmudd_punkx won backstage passes and now me!! I can't wait! It's only a week away from tomorrow. And to make things even better, I bought my very first computer this past weekend and hooked it up to DSL. Yeah, baby, oh behave 8)

P.S. Thanx so much for the passes, Mikey. I eagerly look forward to getting the instructions in my e-mail. BTW, what exactly does the backstage consist of again? On the G3 '03 tour, Vai signed our merch and we took our picture with him (which I'm bringing this year for him to sign).

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)
Congrats! There is some more info about the aftershow passes here http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9776
Rayzorhead
Newcomer

Mikey - with all the activity - I hope they are paying you OT! lol
Btw, the show at Antones is moved to the La Zona Rosa place. I am attending and need to know if it is defintiely an all ages show? It says that in related site info, but I want to bring my 15 yr old.
If it is no trouble, can you confirm?
Thanks for all you do for the Vai fans!!!
Ray
MrHoustonGuy
Newcomer

Didn't anyone go to the show last night? I am going in 48 hours, I can't wait!

Marc
sword

Just wondering if the e-mails were sent out yet and what address to look for so it doesn't end up in my junk mail folder.

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)
8)
slater

I've peaked at some of the reviews.

The comments about the sound have me a little concerned. It shouldn't be like that.
MrHoustonGuy
Newcomer

What reviews? I thought that is what this thread was for? Can someone tell me where to go and read reviews on the show?

Thanks in advance.

Marc
vaigirl777

Anyone doing the EVO for Baltimore get their tickets yet? I know it's a little more than 2 weeks before the show and we're supposed to have them at least 2 weeks before but I'm getting extremely anxious.
wackyjackie21613

iam going to that show too, haven't gotten mine
either :?
gtrlvr1

sword wrote:Just to interrupt the flow of whatever conversation is going on here... I WON BACKSTAGE PASSES!!! OMG!!! :shock: I can't believe the luck; at the G3 '03 concert at the Ryman in Nashville, my brother, xmudd_punkx won backstage passes and now me!! I can't wait! It's only a week away from tomorrow. And to make things even better, I bought my very first computer this past weekend and hooked it up to DSL. Yeah, baby, oh behave 8)

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)

I also won the meet& greet passes for the Houston show, we didn't get to go backstage but Steve came out and met with the winners, the rest of the band may have come out after I saw Steve and left :cry: but no one said they were coming out. So I just saw Steve, which is ok, I was getting really tired and we had to wait for about 30 min before he came out. I suggest hanging around as long as you can to make sure you meet everyone!! 8)
gtrlvr1

slater wrote:I've peaked at some of the reviews.

The comments about the sound have me a little concerned. It shouldn't be like that.

Yeah you're right, I wish I would've mentioned it to Steve at the meet & greet, to hear his comments, the kick just wasn't punchy enough to me & Tony's guitar & Keys were hard to make out. I would have liked to get on that sound board and tweek it a bit!! :twisted:
autumnlord

MrHoustonGuy wrote:What reviews? I thought that is what this thread was for? Can someone tell me where to go and read reviews on the show?

Thanks in advance.

Marc
Check out this link!!

http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=32