vai greatest song

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
shredder

i dont want to brag but i could be faster then yngwie malmsteen but he knows waaaaaaaaaaaay more then i do about guitar theory
cherry1111
Newcomer

Hello!
I'm sorry but I never heard about Yngwe. Does he play in any band?

I believe it would be nice to see you playing but I'm affraid It's not possible since I'm in Poland and you're in California ;-(

By the way, Do you play in a band?
ATB :0)
Quikman4315

cherry1111 wrote:Hello!
I'm sorry but I never heard about Yngwe. Does he play in any band?

I believe it would be nice to see you playing but I'm affraid It's not possible since I'm in Poland and you're in California ;-(

By the way, Do you play in a band?
ATB :0)
He is a solo guitar player like Vai. I have only seen him play on a G3 dvd and personaly think he is pretty boring, plays the same solo's over and over (or at least it sounds like it). So thats just my opinion but I know that lots of people on this board love the way he plays, and thats great. Just dont think he has the soul when he plays like Steve does.

A.M.P.
V41

Well, what's more important, speed/technique, or musical theory?

Fortunately, SSV has a combination of both. That's why he's both a guitarist and a composer! :D

"Who's your favorite composer?"

"Bach. Who's yours?"

"Steve Vai."

:mrgreen:
cherry1111
Newcomer

I admire people who can play a musical instrument especially, if it's a guitar :-) [but not only]. Since I accidently 'met' the music of Vai I pay more attention to how people play and generally act in a band, or performing solo. I think I can say that I'm more aware of the quality of music now.
In my opinion, Vai is much more than the genius of guitar. He is also a great, charismatic person who performs important mission of changing people's lives through his music.

PS. Quikman, what's A.M.P.? ;0)
shredder

yngwie is alright... he does play alot of solos over and over but he is super fast ... and SOMETIMES he has some good technique. but not like his good friend vai of course.... vai would have to be my favorite guitar player but i also like speed shredding .. like my favorite shredder michael angelo.... angelo happens to be the fastest KNOWN guitar player to ever walk this planet...... www.angelo.com

yngwie cant touch this
nosferatu777

DIE TO LIVE is my fav.

"I know You're Here" off G3 in Denver dvd has been played a thousand times at my place.
cherry1111
Newcomer

Hello!
What's new? ;-)
I wonder if anyone of you, on the board, ever met Steve Vai personally...
V41

cherry1111 wrote:Hello!
What's new? ;-)
I wonder if anyone of you, on the board, ever met Steve Vai personally...
Lots of people on here have.

I haven't.. YET! :mrgreen:

If he tours in New England, as Mikey has said he will, then I'm definitely going to a concert.
G3

I know You're Here" off G3 in Denver dvd has been played a thousand times at my place.
My fav song... :headbang
bbl1984

Tender Surrender
kenny_u

blue powder
xywizard
Newcomer

For the Love of God :)
shredder

whispering a prayer dammit lol
stu_hig

'Hand on Heart' or FTLOG.