vai greatest song

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
guitar_mage

LITTLE PIECES OF SEAWEED!!
The only song better than that is my "The Xanax Dance" which, well, nevermind.

THis is also an educational vai song, Because little pieces of seaweed is good for you. In particular, dulse and kelp(bladder wrack). For you vegans and health conscious folk, you would know that too much sodium intake is not good for you, and the only good source of iodine is in iodized salt. Well, seaweed is rich in this great substance, among a little b-12 and iron. I recommend kelp for this because it has approx. %1000-%1500 DV of iodine. Toast it and sprinkle it on anything. you wouldn't even taste it. So go ahead, indulge yourself in little pieces of seaweed. For your b-12 intake, it is best vegans and vegetarians take it via supplements. But get the higher quality metholcobalamin instead of the cyanocobalamin.
Jemfever

guitar_mage wrote:LITTLE PIECES OF SEAWEED!!
The only song better than that is my "The Xanax Dance" which, well, nevermind.

THis is also an educational vai song, Because little pieces of seaweed is good for you. In particular, dulse and kelp(bladder wrack). For you vegans and health conscious folk, you would know that too much sodium intake is not good for you, and the only good source of iodine is in iodized salt. Well, seaweed is rich in this great substance, among a little b-12 and iron. I recommend kelp for this because it has approx. %1000-%1500 DV of iodine. Toast it and sprinkle it on anything. you wouldn't even taste it. So go ahead, indulge yourself in little pieces of seaweed. For your b-12 intake, it is best vegans and vegetarians take it via supplements. But get the higher quality metholcobalamin instead of the cyanocobalamin.
Did you study/studied biology or chemistry? :wink:

Back to topic:Tender surrender!
RickAllen

I took little pieces of seaweed and I caused stretch marks to appear all over your little body. Yes I did. I really did. It was all over your body. Eh, your body looked like a road map, and my best friend got so confused, he thought you were doubting Thomas and put his fingers in your holes that I left there after I beat you up with an axe.

"I let the pelicans have their way with her."

Crazy, crazy song. But I love it though.

That 10" is one of my favorite Vai records.
shredder

its nice to see all your favorite songs and reasons why .. :) keep posting this is fun
shredder

IF any ... which songs DONT you like by vai..
V41

shredder wrote:IF any ... which songs DONT you like by vai..
I think I can answer this one.

I haven't heard Flex-Able or Flex-Able Leftovers...

But.. as far as what I've heard...

"When I Was a Little Boy" is humorous, but it kind of lacks the depth that the rest of Fire Garden seems to carry, so I never cared for it.

Uhhhh...

I guess that's it.
shredder

well since i started this post thing about vai's greatest song and then posted vai songs you didnt care for ... i will have to say that there is a certain song that i dont like that vai made and hopfully the fans of that song wont find me and beat me down becasue i know there is alot of them out there... well that song is called ...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. i learned this song on guitar and well i just dont care for it .. for some reason well thats it
V41

Just listen to it over and over until you're one with it.
RickAllen

I like FTLOG but I don't really like the little solo he adds to the end of the song. The one that comes to mind is the one on the G3 '96 video.

I can't stand "Whookam".

I think "Love Secrets" is pretty cool though.
Quikman4315

Havent heard ALL of Vai's songs yet but of the ones I have heard, I think Love Secrets and Alien Water Kiss are my least favorite. But the rest of em' are all awesome.

A.M.P.
shredder

V41 wrote:
Pro-string strummer wrote:i like the song called "devils rape little boys and girls" it's not really a song... more of a barrage of ripping clothes sound effects and yelling like "stop it" and "that thing hurts my bumbum"
I don't think that's a Steve Vai song, is it?

Jeez... my favorites would have to be...

... Never mind, I can't do it. I can't even make a list that's under 10 songs. All of them mean so much to me in different ways.
i dont that is a vai song ...you might want michael jacksons website
shredder

Pro-string strummer wrote:i like the song called "devils rape little boys and girls" it's not really a song... more of a barrage of ripping clothes sound effects and yelling like "stop it" and "that thing hurts my bumbum"
ok ... ummm i dont think thats a vai song .... i think you want the michael jackson website
Quikman4315

shredder wrote:
ok ... ummm i dont think thats a vai song .... i think you want the michael jackson website
Hahahahha! Thats a good one shredder :D

A.M.P.
shredder

thanks lol for the compliment...
Quikman4315

:D