Vai, New look?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
shredder777

hey b2, what guitar is steve playing in that pic? it kinda looks like a DBK with pyramid inlays?
The Eterna Player

The greatest guitar player of all times can´t do his hair witouth being called girly ?, that´s just stupid. how many of you have long hair, do you like to be called girl for some closed minds just for have more hair than your sister, or what about piercings ?, I´ve always admired people that don´t paid too much attention to that, Is a photo shot !, he got to look good, whatever , :guitar he´s the king of the guitar god look !.
RAI

shredder777 wrote:hey b2, what guitar is steve playing in that pic? it kinda looks like a DBK with pyramid inlays?
It looks like a Floral with a pyramid neck.
Just look to the left of the tone knob....
Looks like a floral print.
jemgirl

absolutly a nice pic of steve!!! :wink:
he is just a handsome guy ,imao.

btw,steve alway`s take care on his looks!!!!

cheers,
patricia :wink:
Kremlin
Newcomer

That acoustic is gorgeous. If the current Euphoria was available in that colour I'd likely buy one. Loud electric guitars is one thing, but a green acoustic is just not for me.

I like the shirt he's wearing there. I will have to look for a similar one. If anyone knows where SSV gets all his cool clothing, let me know!
shredder777

Kremlin - try GUESS they usually have shirts like that, also try www.urbanoutfitters.com brands like ben sherman and diesel usually make interseting button down shirts liek that :wink:
b2

Shredder777, yes it looks like an Jem77FP (floral).
Maybe this one:
http://www.vai.com/Machines/guitarpages/guitar104.html
I will recieve a new jem77fp in december.. cant wait, but I have to
spend less time here then and more on practice :wink:
b2

I found an old Guitar Player magazine from may 1998.
Vai was playing with David Lee Roth then.
On this picture from that magazine he is holding this Jem77fp with pyramids:
http://homefree.sensewave.com/~s183097/GP-may-1998.jpg
His boots are also their same as he has on that live photo with Joe Satriani.
I read in an Norwegian Internet newspaper that David Lee Roth
are studying now and gone work in an hospital or something.
He was driving an ambulance in New York now.
Hmmm.. sorry what was the topic about again? :wink:
Nice shirt he is using on this picture from 1988.
shredder777

yea man that must be the guitar. thats a sweet pic, havent seen that one before~!
anuj

damn, that chrome jem looks /really/ sexy.

and heh, my first reaction was "why is terry bozzio holding a euphoria?" :-P

~A
lydian7

I've got to say, Vai is looking great for a 44 year old these days, does anyone know if those are extensions in his hair, or is it his natural hair? It seems just a few months ago that he did photo shoots for Ibanez with ultra short hair, it's pretty surprising to see his hair so long again. Oh, and the hair straightening and the highlights are also a nice touch :wink:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

lydian7 wrote:I've got to say, Vai is looking great for a 44 year old these days, does anyone know if those are extensions in his hair, or is it his natural hair? It seems just a few months ago that he did photo shoots for Ibanez with ultra short hair, it's pretty surprising to see his hair so long again. Oh, and the hair straightening and the highlights are also a nice touch :wink:
The last photoshoots Steve did for Ibanez were last year. The photo on the front page of Vai.com is one of them.

Mikey :)
vai.com
V41

Personally, I think Steve looks really cool. And I also don't think it's insulting to be called "girly," not that he looks that way. And the proper word is "effeminate." And look at how he dresses, and does his hair, and uses the stage fan. He's definitely an effeminate guy, but there's nothing wrong with that.

For the record, I have long hair, too, and now and then I dress eccentrically like Steve does on stage. I'm not nearly as tall and lean, though.

But notice, during rehearsals and stuff, he's usually dressed pretty plain. In the jemfest interview, Steve says how he loves theatrics, and his dressing like he does totally relates to that.

I wonder if he'll dress like that on the new CD? Would be totally cool. 8)
brainpolice

The Eterna Player wrote:He got to shave , I hate how looks that tiny spot under his mouth , but... who cares, keep playing
I find that little bitlet under his chin to be rather interesting (Hint: He's copying Zappa people!). *cough* ....
Anyways does it really matter how people look? His music speaks for itself.
guitar_mage

He should shave his head.