Live At The Astoria, London DVD Discussion

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
F#Minor

#46 Post by F#Minor » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:22 pm

You reckon the Sardinas set will be on the DVD - he's crazy! lol!

I was there on the Thurs and the Britney comment was there - I laughed my ass off - still makes me smile. I wonder if that will make it on the DVD dunno whether its 'politically correct' (Not that Vai really cares lol).

Did anyone think the sound was a bit messy esp during erotic nightmares on the the thurs - or was it just me? Would they be able to fix stuff like that when editing?

mmm

#47 Post by 962 » Thu May 01, 2003 10:12 am

yeah they can easily fix that - Steve would just have to re-record bits, like he did with the Alive In An Ultra World album.

Sound on the friday was good, although we were at the front on the right, in front of Dave, so we couldn't hear Steve that clearly - actually we could hear Billy the most, but it was still awesome. can't wait for this DVD - it's gonna be so good!

jem7v

#48 Post by jem7v » Thu May 01, 2003 11:44 am

yeah...the problem with being at the front row is that you wont hear the PA so clearly,,,you,ll mostly get the stage sound,,,if you were to stand at the back of the venue you would have heard vai perfectly,,,thats the price you pay for being at the front,,,me personally,,,i enjoy the gig more when im up front in their face,,,,i just feel more part of the gig,,,,,,but sometimes you wont hear everything so clear......and now im off to have a guinness,,,,,cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah

#49 Post by 962 » Fri May 02, 2003 10:45 am

I know, it would have sounded awesome if I had have pushed my way to the back center, but it was a rare opportunity to see Vai live, and my buddy and I got Eric playing a solo right in our face, like lookin straight at us cause we were shouting real loud for him! hell yeah!

I don't regret being where I was at all - it was amazing to be that close to these people I've listened to countless times!

Heh, listen to track one of the Flex-able leftovers record; that'll give you a good idea of Steve's stand on political correctness!! I reckon he'll leave out the Britney bit tho. damn!

Insert A Nickname

#50 Post by Insert A Nickname » Fri May 02, 2003 4:55 pm

Hey, is this DVD gonna have the multi-angle option avaible?? It would definitly ROCK! :P

Peace 8)

BOSNA
Newcomer

#51 Post by BOSNA » Sat May 03, 2003 10:55 am

I think that I speak for all of us WE NEED MORE VAI DVD-S

jem7v

#52 Post by jem7v » Mon May 05, 2003 1:00 am

i just read on another topic page about the firestrings performance......that would be such a cool bonus feature on the dvd

Passion & Warfare

#53 Post by Passion & Warfare » Mon May 05, 2003 4:06 am

Oh,... man.. I´m looking forward to it! Hopefully it will be released soon.

Moderator666

#54 Post by Moderator666 » Mon May 05, 2003 7:29 am

dvd will be great :twisted:

Junebughunter

#55 Post by Junebughunter » Tue May 06, 2003 12:05 am

I am going crazy waiting for this thing!!! :|

matthewparfitt
Newcomer

#56 Post by matthewparfitt » Tue May 06, 2003 7:51 am

I was at the first London show - what a night! I had been queuing all day (it was sooooo cold!) to be one of the first to get in - I happened to be standing right at the front (slightly to the left), an amazing view. You could see Steve's fingers - although they were occasionally blurred! :) As Steve was going in to the venue, I managed to catch him and fumble a request for him to sign the backplate to my JEM, which he did very kindly - what a gentleman! Do you all remember during the show the epic Virgil Donati drum solo, and at the end he lobbed his sticks out into the audience? - well I caught one, and it's a proud trophy of an amazing night out. I have never seen a drumstick so trashed - it's cracked and scuffed, he really beat it to a pulp, but then from what I can remember he was really going for it!
I went home that night seriously happy and I think everyone who was there would agree with me that Steve deserves to be thanked for being completely awesome and blowing us all away.

I then went to the next Satriani show at Shepherd's Bush - again queuing a long time to get in, but there had been a Tube strike that day and I had walked all the way from Waterloo (it took hours!). It was hot, I hadn't had any food, but once I got inside it was all worth it - Crushing day was ace! But then disaster - I felt really weird, and I don't know if anyone else who was there remembers, but I passed out, right in front of Joe :cry: I just remember being pulled over the barrier by the bouncers and taken to the medical room round the back, and I seem to recall Joe looking a bit concerned! I spent the rest of the show at the back feeling a bit ill, but it was still mostly an awesome night, despite me missing half of it... sorry to anyone that I landed on!

Junebughunter

#57 Post by Junebughunter » Tue May 06, 2003 12:50 pm

matthewparfitt wrote:I was at the first London show - what a night! I had been queuing all day (it was sooooo cold!) to be one of the first to get in - I happened to be standing right at the front (slightly to the left), an amazing view. You could see Steve's fingers - although they were occasionally blurred! :) As Steve was going in to the venue, I managed to catch him and fumble a request for him to sign the backplate to my JEM, which he did very kindly - what a gentleman! Do you all remember during the show the epic Virgil Donati drum solo, and at the end he lobbed his sticks out into the audience? - well I caught one, and it's a proud trophy of an amazing night out. I have never seen a drumstick so trashed - it's cracked and scuffed, he really beat it to a pulp, but then from what I can remember he was really going for it!
I went home that night seriously happy and I think everyone who was there would agree with me that Steve deserves to be thanked for being completely awesome and blowing us all away.

I then went to the next Satriani show at Shepherd's Bush - again queuing a long time to get in, but there had been a Tube strike that day and I had walked all the way from Waterloo (it took hours!). It was hot, I hadn't had any food, but once I got inside it was all worth it - Crushing day was ace! But then disaster - I felt really weird, and I don't know if anyone else who was there remembers, but I passed out, right in front of Joe :cry: I just remember being pulled over the barrier by the bouncers and taken to the medical room round the back, and I seem to recall Joe looking a bit concerned! I spent the rest of the show at the back feeling a bit ill, but it was still mostly an awesome night, despite me missing half of it... sorry to anyone that I landed on!
Wow, that is great, I felt like passing out near the end of the last Vai show i went to. i was standing for like 9 hours straight...but my adrenaline was so high it was just amazing...

oh my god!

#58 Post by 962 » Thu May 08, 2003 11:42 am

haha, matthew, I was standing right behind you when you passed out!

I can't believe that! You almost fell over backwards and I pushed you up straight and the security dudes hauled you over - thanks for passing out buddy, you gave me your place right at the front! Was an awesome show, and it was so cool to be that close! Seriously, thanks man!

The tube strike was a pisser - me and my dad walked there, having parked about half an hour away! and then queued for 3 and a half hours!

I met with my mates when I went to Steve's show a couple of years back, and my mate had queued for about 4 hours. He was about 20th in the line - my dad and I got there 10 minutes before the doors opened, and got in line right next to my mate, hopping a queue of about 2000 people! teeheehee. sorry guys! I had to get to the front! :oops:

DVD is going to be so good. Hey, any of you mods know if Steve has any intention of releasing an album to accompany the DVD? I sincerely hope so, that'd be so cool. 8)

jem7v

#59 Post by jem7v » Thu May 08, 2003 12:19 pm

yeah,,,i was chatting to a dude at the front of the queue,,,,,,,,he was there with his father.........i came over from ireland,,,had to buy a ticket of a tout,,outside the venue,,,,,,,,dunno if ur the same guy

Moderator666

Re: oh my god!

#60 Post by Moderator666 » Thu May 08, 2003 12:44 pm

962 wrote: Hey, any of you mods know if Steve has any intention of releasing an album to accompany the DVD? I sincerely hope so, that'd be so cool. 8)
all i can say is...
there is an album being recorded and lots of other stuff

the album is all new studio stuff and as far as I know is not related to the DVD