A new Spakle on the board, with a Little Green man question

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Sparkle Blue
Newcomer

A new Spakle on the board, with a Little Green man question

#1 Post by Sparkle Blue » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:58 am

Hai there you all!

It's great to have found this board. I'v been a Vai fan sinds a lot of years now. But never earlier discoverd this forum. But any way, it great to join the club. I'll be as active as I possible can in giving my helping hand as I hope that you on the board will be.
But I think there's no doubt about it. :wink:

:arrow: Well I do got my first question:
* Can any one help me finding the writen story of how Steve V. came on his creation of the song "Little green man".

:arrow: I am a music teacher at a junior high and we were working on "theme's and motive's in a song. We used as cover image the film "Close Encounters, of the thirt kind" and worked with the "5 tones"used to communicated with the alians. Steve used those 5 tones in his creation at the song "Little green man".

But eventhough I have listend and read some of Steve history, I don't have a story on that song. And now I want to link this song in my class to the theme of the film .

:arrow: So can anyone give me a hint or the story itself of how Steve created this song. :?:

It's a difficult question, but it's worth a try.

jemgirl

#2 Post by jemgirl » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:50 am

welcome aboard sparkle blue!! in addition to youre question, i don`t have an idea.

cheers,
groetjes,

patricia

Psychlone

#3 Post by Psychlone » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:16 pm

In the liner notes to the album, Steve says it started off as a song called "Garbage Wrapped in Skin" but somewhere along the line it morphed into a more upbeat concept. That's about the extent I know about its genesis.

Quikman4315

#4 Post by Quikman4315 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:53 pm

Little Green Men

"This tune started out as a song called "Garbage Wrapped In Skin", but then I started heading for a lighter concept, AND THERE IT IS. Dedicated to Nina Hagen, I actually believe that there are people on this planet right now, whether they know it or not, who are part of an investigative commitee (let’s say) for a higher intelligence. Some call them the Illuminati. Some call them crazy. Some don’t call them at all. A ha ha ha ha, Oh no, A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. But more of this later..."

Thats all I found... Ill look for more.

A.M.P.

Roy Boy

#5 Post by Roy Boy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:47 am

Hey, welcome a-hoy! I think its the first time I've even seen anyone use these :arrow: doobies. :lol:

EyE

#6 Post by EyE » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:29 am

Welcome to the board!!!
Quikman gave you the answer allready!

Cheers,

Quikman4315

#7 Post by Quikman4315 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:54 am

I did?...lol. Well thats all I found on the Internet, there might be more I just didnt have the time to look for it. Alright well hope it was helpfull.

A.M.P.

guitar_mage

#8 Post by guitar_mage » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:13 pm

The term "illuminati" is an ambiguous term. It could mean anything from the "the ruling elite or bloodlines of the world", "the occultists during the christian renassaince","Draconians", or others.
I don't quite know how he uses the word in that explanation tho.
but according to his lyrics http://vai.com/LittleBlackDots/lyrics_l ... enmen.html

he insinuates that there are a benevolent race(s) of aliens living amongst us(or beneath us), and the gov't is well aware of this, but concealing their existence from the public. They are to condition us to get used to the possibility of alien existence via means of movies, media, etc. In his song, he indicates that these particular aliens are here to help us become an ascended race

"We’re hoping that the human race will become part of endless time. We love you all and want you to know that in your heart and in your soul there is power bigger than the world."

well that's my synopsis.