VAI: Piano Reductions Vol. 1 - PRE-SALE DISCUSSION ONLY

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Guitars Rock!!

Hi
I havn't gotten an e-mail about my cd being processed!!! :roll: :cry:
I got one about a month ago saying that it was delayed, but that I was among the first 2000 to pre-order.

Is something wrong with my order since I didn't receive the e-mail saying it is being processed?????????

Mikey?
bob mac

I got the same e-mail also, dont worry it's on it's way.........
shacks

Do you know if Mike has any plans to play the stuff from PR live in the future?

shacks

BTW I have heard most of the album now from Radio Keneally! Mucho 8) :shock: !!!! Hopefully my copy should be with me before Xmas!
Big Bad Bill

I think my CD has been despatched so every day I sit on the floor in front of my letter box waiting for Postie. I wait and dare not move just in case I miss it. I wait, like an expectant Father tied to the phone. I haven't eaten for four days (not a bad thing-BBB's doctor) I have a beard and I could do with a wee wee.

I'm so excited I could........I could........huh.....I guess I don't need the toilet anymore-but I need a mop and bucket.

Steve should release a CD every year at this time-it's better than waiting for Christmas!

Patient BBB
FinnJ

dear bill

i think you should go have a wee, for gosh sake`s...its only a cd
Big Bad Bill

Call yourself a fan? Huh :wink:
ArnieBall

Did anyone in Europe receive the package yet ?
I'm still waiting...
claypole

Still waiting in the UK!!
ultrazone_seeker

i want! I WANT!!! :(
ArnieBall

Chritmas time is coming :lol:
and it's not there yet.... :cry:
%thd

Well I finally got my CD on Friday. I think Mike Keneally has done an excellent job in interpreting the pieces. I played this CD for some pianist friends who do not like Steve Vai. I played this CD without mentioning the artist or composer to see what they thought. The feedback was "Brilliant", "Supurb", and many other positive comments. Finally they hear what I hear when I listen to Vai.

Maybe I'm weird or something but when I listen to music for the 1st time I usually strip it down to the melody and ignore everything that is layered on top of the melody. Everytime I hear the song again i capture something new b/c I find myself paying attention to the layered background but still with the melody as the main driving element.

Mr Vai, a true artist, Thank you for stripping your music down to its raw form so that others who can not mask the instrumentation around the melody can final enjoy it.

%thd
ROCK KITTEN 76

I'm still waiting,got email a few weeks back saying it was being sorted. so i guess its either gonna be here this week or after the holidays,i lay in hope its this side of christmas, it'll be great sticking it on over the christmas and it looks like it may be a white christmas here too. fantastic 8)

I can picture it now the tinkling on the piano keys as your looking out the window watching the snow falling from the sky :wink: ..my fingers are crossed.

I wonder who won the original?

:D

kitzz
Snow

Got the CD and the God Eaters today. :D

Merry christmas for me and also for everyone

ho..ho...ho 8)
Big Bad Bill

Anyone in the UK received their copy yet? Tomorrow is the last day postal day before Christmas so I have my doubts that it'll arrive.............. :cry:
ArnieBall

Big Bad Bill wrote:Anyone in the UK received their copy yet? Tomorrow is the last day postal day before Christmas so I have my doubts that it'll arrive.............. :cry:
if i don't get it in the next 2 hours, it will be too late for Christmas :cry: :cry: