THE BUCKETHEAD MYTH...

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
NoisilySilent
Newcomer

hey,

does any vai OR buckethead "biographer" (i mean, people really knowing a lot about those artists) know the reason why buckethead was believed to be steve. who first had the thought, and how the hell this myth spread over fans' world?

thx
NS
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

There was also a rumor floating around in the early days that Buckethead was actually Paul Gilbert.

Possibly people confused Steve and Buckethead because they are both quite tall, have big hands, and are both kick-ass guitarists. I think that's where the Paul Gilbert rumor came from too...

;)

- Mikey
vai.com
ShredGod777

Pretty much what Mikey has said, his height, big hands and amazing guitar playing all led people to believe that it may have been Steve.

As for the Paul Gilbert thing, I heard that Bria......oops, sorry, Buckethead, took lesson from Paul Gilbert in the early days. Perhaps he developed a bit of Pauls "style" and that also led to people thinking he is Paul Gilbert.

Cheers.
RAI

See what PG has to say about it:
http://www.paulgilbert.com/am_i_buckethead.html

I think PG has too much time on his hands....
:lol:
Moderator777

Right - if you search the Internet enough you can find out who Buckethead really is. Amazing stuff from that guy.

--------------
Dêkuji,

Moderator777
www.vai.com
WellDressedLoser
Newcomer

Paul Gilbert gave lessons to Buckethead.
NoisilySilent
Newcomer

as an answer to mod777,

yes indeed, everybody can find a so called "biography" of buckethead.
this could be an excerpt.

http://www.bucketheadrules.com/

btw, does anybody know when new GNR's album "Chinese Democracy" is supposed to be released, and did anyone go to the last GNR tour?
I actually got two live recordings from their american tour, one in Cleveand and i cant remember the other. Axl's singing recording is a bit shitty, too bad the sound is so poor. However, concerning the other members of the band, sound is great and really greatly mixed.
I read here and there that this new line-up really kick asses in concert. i'd like some more opinion on this.
as for buckethead, is he Slash's substitute for good or do they plan on changing the line-up again?

rock on bros!
NS
Zebula77

Is that picture real? His pinky looks like it's 7 inches long! :shock:
KaWaSaKi
Newcomer

Zebula77 wrote:Is that picture real? His pinky looks like it's 7 inches long! :shock:
It does, doesn't it? But if you look closer, you can see a significant discoloration between the two skin tones. Have you ever seen the thumbtips that magicians use? Same concept I think.
caprile

His name is Brian Carroll...not like I'm revealing a huge secret, this was printed years ago in Guitar Player, in an article called 'Buckethead: Unmasked'
zappacaster
Newcomer

Someone always goes and gives the name away... :( Of course people can hunt and find the answer for themselves, but why not let them? Some fans enjoy not knowing for sure...

And Buckethead isn't Slash's replacement. Buckethead is another guitarist in the new Guns 'n Roses, a band that Slash left over a decade ago. And there are three guitarists now instead of two. It's a *new band*.

The record might never come out, though.
NoisilySilent
Newcomer

oh really, the album might never come out? thats too bad. they said maybe there would be some track from this "phantom" album on the new Terminator movie. i guess this was once again some random statement declared in a hurry :(

still, GNR rule !
NS
ChickenScratch

You want to see Bucketehad's face? http://www.metal-sludge.com/ExposedGNR.htm
Just scroll down a bit, and that stretch he's doing in the pic is insane.
theguywiththeball
Newcomer

NoisilySilent wrote:as an answer to mod777,
btw, does anybody know when new GNR's album "Chinese Democracy" is supposed to be released, and did anyone go to the last GNR tour?
I actually got two live recordings from their american tour, one in Cleveand and i cant remember the other. Axl's singing recording is a bit ****, too bad the sound is so poor. However, concerning the other members of the band, sound is great and really greatly mixed.
I read here and there that this new line-up really kick asses in concert. i'd like some more opinion on this.
as for buckethead, is he Slash's substitute for good or do they plan on changing the line-up again?

rock on bros!
NS
I heard on the radio a punk band(forgot the name) stole the name chinese democracy so now they can't use it.
ChickenScratch

theguywiththeball wrote:
NoisilySilent wrote:as an answer to mod777,
I actually got two live recordings from their american tour, one in Cleveand and i cant remember the other. Axl's singing recording is a bit ****, too bad the sound is so poor. However, concerning the other members of the band, sound is great and really greatly mixed.

rock on bros!
NS
The Offspring were going to use the name bud decided not to at the last minute. They were going to call it "The Chinese Democracy, You Snooze, You Loose."
I heard on the radio a punk band(forgot the name) stole the name chinese democracy so now they can't use it.