The Live In London CD thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.

We all knew it would happen - a CD of the London DVD, and it's coming, July 13th.

The surprise is, it's sony's venture. And in true Sony fashion, as with the 'essentials' series, there's autographed copies up for grabs.

The 1st 500 people to order the CD from Sony's online store, get a CD autographed by Steve. This is excellent news! for people in the US.

I'm sure we all remember the disappointment that the Autographed G3 DVDs and CDs were only available to the US from sonymusic.com?

I personally think this is a bit rich - Sony have bagged a selection of tracks from the DVD, rather than using all of them, and are marketing them.

Yes the show that makes it all possible was hosted here in the UK, but why should we get the special copies? :oops:
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

I posted something to the same effect in the FAQ section, but I missed this one.

So yeah, this blows. According to the frontpage news, they will be only available through Sony online music store. Totall bummer.
:x
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I wasn't aware of this, but I'll look into it.

Mikey
vai.com

Cheers mikey.

I'll say now, I guess we're kinda jumping to conclusions a little on the avialbility, but, i think, fairly so. the news item said it would only be available through the Sony online store.

Thats sonymusic.com, the same place that sold the autographed G3 CDs/DVDs, so it's going to be the same thing again. I'm not sure sony even have a sonymusic website for Europe, and the one for Asia isn't catering for a big enough market, so they'd make the most money in the least time with the best coverage out of making it exclusive to the US.

If we are proven wrong then my apologies for making a misguided judgement, but I have a feeling we're about right on this one!

thanks again. peace 8)
metallicafan647

UK just gets a whole load of bad luck these days.
Bono

If it's only availble to the online sony store, that really blows. I remember when the G3 cd and Satch's 'Is there love in Space' cd were availble to pre-order with a signed cover, I was really disapointed to find out that you couldn't order outside of the US :(
guyzif

It's really irritating really. Everyone else feels kinda cheated.
EyE

Well this sucks!
tristereochorus
Newcomer

When can the cd be ordered online?
AC1Chuck

Mikey,

I've gone to the Sonymusic.com site and the Live in London CD is nowhere to be found...

Is it there?

Could it be a DVD-A version soon? It'd be an easy transition from DVD to DVD-A...

Thanks, and when will we know about the Real Illusions US Tour?

You guys rule-

-Chuck
Evil Betty

It says above that the disc is out on July 13 - that's probably why you can't see it on the Sony store.

E.B.
AC1Chuck

:(

How confusing. I thought that there was a presale where the 1st 500 get the autographed copies. I just wanted the CD for my car, y'all can have the autographed copies.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mikey wrote:I wasn't aware of this, but I'll look into it.

Mikey
vai.com

:shock: :D :shock: :D :D :D :D

Thanks!!!!

(See newspage..)
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Okay folks - the CD is available for pre-order, and if you hurry you can pick up one of the 500 autographed copies. The CD will be available for everyone - not just US customers. The special store created to sell the CD is for all customers internationally.

Enjoy!

Mikey :)
vai.com
shacks

I have ordered mine! :D Thank you Mikey!! I was about to go to bed when I noticed your post. Its now 3.34am and I need sleep!

Before I go. I recently ordered a live Jeff Beck CD from the same bootleg series and it came in a cardboard sleeve not the normal plastic case. Will the Vai packaging be the same?

Thanks again Mikey!

shacks