Meeting Satch and Steve

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
zappadons

Is there ANY chance whatsoever of meeting Steve and Satch before the gig on Wednesday night at Glasgow?

Will they be wandering the premises sometime early afternoon? Will the bus have the band members lurking about? I would love to get the chance to speak to them. 8)

Unfortunately I didnt win an aftershow pass. :(
NatiFable

On the new G3 dvd, they have a clip of Steve walking over and signing for a bunch of fans, so you never know. I've met a few performers that were just walking around the grounds. A friend of mine went to see G3 and he saw Steve <at an ampitheater> just walking around. Steve, as well as, Neil Peart, were known to jump on a bicycle and go riding around town. Peart used to carry a journal and he would write music/lyrics or draw architecture he found interesting.

Be very polite and ask some of the crew if an artist will sign or come out. I tell you, Celebrity Theatre is a great place to meet any artist. They have no place to park other than right by the venue. They have about a 30-40 foot walk to go backstage. If you park yourself there and have patience, you can usually, politely call out their name and they'll come over or at least wave and say 'Hello'. Downside, it's in Phoenix! Great city but in June, July, August....you'll die from the heat-115-118 degrees.

peace and light
the secret of love

im going to the g3 glasgow too, i wish i could get there earlier but school finishes late so...
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Hang out by the busses after the gig and you should have some luck.

:)