The Ballerina 12/24 Limited Edition Print

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
micdreyer

does enybody know have many there is made?..will they be avaible on the tour here in europe (mayby the 14. of june in kobenhagen), couse it´s very expensive when we order them here from europe..first the shipping, and then the taxes in the country...could be nice if we can buy them at the g3 show
RickAllen

It's a nice item but I think it's overpriced. Especially for other countries. And Ballerina isn't one of my favorite Vai songs. I realise that it's probably the shortest one and that's why it was chosen. I think it would be better if they lowered the price, sent it in a protected envelope and then we could choose how to frame it, or not. Only my opinion. I guess it's art.
Bono

I'd have to agree. Yeah, it's a great piece of memorabilia but it's really expensive...especially as it isn't really considered to be one of Steve's greatest songs...if it were For the Love of God or similar I would probably re-consider though lol.
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

I disagree, but then again I'm a sucker for this kind of memorobilia.
I think it's awesome. The only problem is that I just bought Steve's old Korg Pandora, and the money still doesn't grow on trees here... :) But I think the price is right if it's really limmited.
Ryan Layton
Banned

congradulations on getting your hands on the old pandora! you'll have to tell us about it.

i think the price is pretty reasonable. its a handwritten lithograph that is autographed by steve. it could be just me but i think its special that he wrote it out and autographed it stuff. it'd be cool to have
musicman888

Alright...you've saying you want to buy the Ballerina score...check out the Vai Store front...now you can buy a limited edition one signed and numbered by Steve...cool, but I still want to see "For the Love of God"

How about it Steve/Mikey?
:P
the secret of love

it is a 'kin immense idea, but far to expensive
GuitarStrings

It would be so cool to hang one in your lounge or above your working desk...
Or if you have one, in your recording studio. :lol:
jemke

I like the concept, but is my jem 10th certificate also worth that mone :shock:

If they don't mention the quantity from the beginning, I'm a bit confused.

They have to number #001/500 or something not just#1
Leeroy

I got my print today (#12) and I must say I was startled at how bloody nice the thing actually is. I balked at the price at first, but I am glad I quickly reconsidered. The framing/mounting is of the highest order, quality from top to bottom. It's a lovely piece and suggest any of you that have the coin to spare do so.

All the best,
Leeroy
FinnJ

can`t wait to get mine :D

mikey, how many were produced
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Only 100 were made. We didn't expect the demand to be so high so we only sent MusicToday half of them initially. For those of you who missed out on the first batch, the remaining of the 100 framed prints will be available on Music Today in the coming month or so.

Mikey
vai.com
Leeroy

P.S. -- I have to make a small complaint about the Ballerina 12/24 print. The small placard underneath the manuscript says :

Ballerina
Composed by Steve Vai.

One would think they could have gotten the song name correct. Not a big deal, but for for two hundred bucks..... Well, enough said.

Leeroy
Franks

Leeroy wrote:P.S. -- I have to make a small complaint about the Ballerina 12/24 print. The small placard underneath the manuscript says :

Ballerina
Composed by Steve Vai.

One would think they could have gotten the song name correct. Not a big deal, but for for two hundred bucks..... Well, enough said.

Leeroy
Still, you could already have known that from the pictures on Vai.com... :wink: Or did you order it even before those pictures were on there?
markmcg

Got my print yesterday, #21 :). Looks lovely on my home studio wall.

So who got #7? ;)

Cheers
Mark.