Any other Jibboom contestants out there?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Jehle
Newcomer

Hi Michael. I hadn't checked this post in so long, I had forgotten about it. Hopefully you will have forgotten my crummy version of Jibboom by now too. :D

I still have spazims from the brutal pace of that song. I'm not sure if I could bear to have anyone hear it.

I was one of the 160-odd loosers in Jibboom, but hey it was fun.
5thD

Jehle- I still have spazims from the brutal pace of that song.

5thD- Ya the tempo of Jibboom about kicked my ass also :-) I think that is the fastest tempo out of anything I have ever tried to play along with.

I ended up just really trying to find the pocket, tried to get myself into the Zone (Ultra? :-)) and let r' rip.

Anyone out there know how many BPM "Jibboom" is?
jmchambers5

jiboom is 158 bpm
Kremlin
Newcomer

I was an entrant.. My name's Dave Lindsay.

At the time I was a MUCH worse player than I am now, I think if I got another shot at it I might actually have a chance ;) I'm only 18, and there are lots of professional players who entered that so I was kinda doomed from the start.

Bob Oakman is a poster over at Jemsite and besides being a pretty cool guy he can really play! Your entry was probably the most original sounding though. It was interesting to see how much you were able to change a backing track that sounded like it was pretty much stuck as a bouncing blues boogie.

Congrats again, sounds like you had an awesome time.
OME

Yep!!! I entered the contest, but my track is somewhere on my first
hard drive. I was behind on purchasing my Vai CD's when I found the
contest so the contest is where I first heard the song.

I had just bought some Cakewalk software and laid down my track in
one night. It's funny though because It wasone of the first tracks I
had ever fully produced by myself :lol:
5thD

Michael Lee Hill here, I wanted to share some cool news with you all, My contest version of Vai's Jibbom made FretNet.com radio show "Best Of" show! Here'e a link to the play list.

Http://www.fretnet.com/playlists_20050306.html

That was cool!