For the Love of God w/ orchestra?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Dan

Hi, does anyone know if my memory serves me correct? I vaguely remember someone saying a while back (maybe over a year ago) that Steve had done FTLOG once with an orchestra, and that they'd someday put it on the website for us to see if they ever got the chance.

I have no idea if I'm just having a false memory here... so does anyone else remember this or know if it's true that Steve ever even did this?
777?

could you be thinking of fire strings? I dont remember hearing about an orchestra playing ftlog but it'd be cool. Havent some orchestra's covered metallica stuff etc? Firestrings was recorded in Japan(i think or maybe Korea) and has yet to be released. As far as we know its sitting on the shelf. I remember steve saying it was one of the most challenging pieces of music he's ever had to learn and that only a few players could probably play it.
Im_The_Slime

777? wrote:could you be thinking of fire strings? I dont remember hearing about an orchestra playing ftlog but it'd be cool. Havent some orchestra's covered metallica stuff etc? Firestrings was recorded in Japan(i think or maybe Korea) and has yet to be released. As far as we know its sitting on the shelf. I remember steve saying it was one of the most challenging pieces of music he's ever had to learn and that only a few players could probably play it.
Dont know if it's been done and im not sure an orchestral version would work...

Anyway yeah Metallica have done stuff with an orchestra. S&M album.
And there's also a group called Apocalyptica who have done instrumental versions of Metallicas songs, using classical instruments...