Most difficult Vai song?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Zongadude

One passage that is really difficult to play, although it doesn't show when you just listen to it, is the "all harmonics" solo in the middle of "Frank". When the guitar is litteraly crying.... No string is being bent with the left hand here. It's all done with artificial harmonics curved with the right hand on the wammy bar. I get a kick trying to reproduce that solo, but I just can't play it... ...yet. :shock:
Juice777

My vote'd be for either "Freak Show Excess" or some of the Zappa stuff- impossible guitar parts! Moggio is mental, as is some of the other wacky stuff.
Last edited by Juice777 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
TongueNGroove

Steve didn't play Eugenes Trick Bag, Ry Cooder did. At least the "Flawless" version. Not saying steve couldn't, but he didn't.

I think once of steves hardest songs is Juice. It's harder than jiboom anyway, IMO.

But the song that no one will ever be able to reproduce is FTLOG. Lot's of people try, but no one can get the fast parts right, not even close, that I have heard. I have heard a near flawless rendition of Juice on this site once though.[/quote]
Zongadude

TongueNGroove wrote:Steve didn't play Eugenes Trick Bag, Ry Cooder did. At least the "Flawless" version.
No I don't think so. I think Steve played both versions.
prman

ZongaDude is right. Steve played all that shredstuff in "Crossroads". That includes both versions of "Eugenes Trick Bag". This has been discussed here a billion times before...
Lionheart1827
Newcomer

I would have to say Freak Show Excess is definately one of them. That song is very technical. 8)
litlgrnman

I'd like to hear someone attempt Chronic Insomnia ;)
babouine02
Newcomer

litlgrnman wrote:I'd like to hear someone attempt Chronic Insomnia ;)
you're so right dude !!
i think some stuff really hard to play are thnigs like call it sleep or junkie, with long parts played with vibrato/wha.
Or as already said : blue powder (purring cat :shock: ), the audience is listening (wha solo on F#), rescue me or burry me (no tempo and absolute feeling), kill the guy with the ball, etc ..
Cozi101

I think The Riddle is extremely hard.