The Carvin Demo

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.

The Carvin Demo

#1 Post by 962 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 1:40 pm

has anybody else checked out the demo that Steve made to promote his amp, downloadable at carvin.com?

I got it a couple of weeks ago, prior to going out and buying my Legacy, and I gotta say the two tunes in that Demo are really nice.

Any chance of them becoming new material on Steve's future releases?

if you haven't heard the demo, go get it from the carvin site now, it's quite cool!

hagar
Newcomer

Re: The Carvin Demo

#2 Post by hagar » Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:13 am

Yep agree with you, downloaded the demo and as a result bought the amp!!
Cheers.
:D

whoah

#3 Post by 962 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:29 am

You bought the amp 'cause of the demo? cool man! hehe, you can obviously afford it. hehe.

I can't say I did exactly that, but it was a heavy power of pursuasion. I went to 'Nevada Music' in Portsmouth and tried the amp out and was blown away. I got a Marshall DSL100 about a month ago, but didn't like it, and when I discovered the Legacy half-stack was the same price as the Marshall one, I had to check it out.

Love the amp, Steve! Really well thought out.

I'd still like to hear those demo's made into something special!

hagar
Newcomer

Re: whoah

#4 Post by hagar » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:53 am

I got mine from there too, haven't managed to dare to crank it up yet on all 4 power valves above half volume, Amp is seriously loud.
Will take it outside when weather improves and crank it up for maximun neigbour upset value!!
:twisted:
I can't say I did exactly that, but it was a heavy power of pursuasion. I went to 'Nevada Music' in Portsmouth and tried the amp out and was blown away. I got a Marshall DSL100 about a month ago, but didn't like it, and when I discovered the Legacy half-stack was the same price as the Marshall one, I had to check it out.

Love the amp, Steve! Really well thought out.

I'd still like to hear those demo's made into something special![/quote]