VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:34 pm 

littlegreenguy wrote:
I've got to hand it to you, riffgod...that's a very beautiful thing you've written.

I really admire more than anything else, just your honesty and courage to speak from the heart, whatever sentiments you express.

Peace bro

I thank you. :)

Though my intention wasn't, I honestly hoped/thought I'd recieve some kind of comment from Steve on this, but I guess he's too :shock: or :o ...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:26 am 

dude, he's just busy.

You know he has a really rough schedule, and at one point, you will see a response.

He's only had the time to post 1 time since the inception of this board.

One night he'll sit down and answer 7 or 8 question in a row. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:36 am 

Ok.. LOOK, guys... Steve Vai is an amazing musician and guitar player.. but he's NOT Jesus Christ.. and NEVER WILL BE. He is just another person who breathes the same air you breathe, and who walks on the same dirt you walk on.

I respect what you wrote.. and some parts were charming, but there IS a line that is NOT meant to be crossed.. and trust me ... Steve Vai does not want his fans to cross that line.

Steve Vai has a soul, body, organs, blood, and everything else just as any other human being in the world.. he is not a divine messenger or prophet.. he's a living person who is just as alive as any other person. He is not on some higher level than you are.. and he is not any better as being a human being as anyone else is. He is Steve Vai, just as I am Word, and just as Ricky Garcia, is Ricky Garcia. A living, breathing, human being.

Reality, folks.. look into it.

<removed religious statements - Mod777>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:12 am 

Amen to that bro! :lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And Dex: I didn't mean that he's just a guitar player. I know that Steve is a very talented composer also, just wanted to ease people back to reality ;)

Fabe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:22 am 

keep away from religion on this thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:35 am 

Of course Satan would say somethin' like that. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:28 am 

At one point in time, I was big into the hero-worship thing just the same.

This all ended on 11-23-99 at Irving Plaza, when I was standing next to Steve in the box office, and I had said, "I'm standing next to God." to which he commented, "No...I wouldn't say that..."

Now, after playing many shows in the past few years, I've had a few experiences with people that have made me feel just completely silly. Someone had said one evening, that I was the next guitar god, to which I laughed. Many things have been said to me as far as compliments go, and I feel quite overwhelmed and like I said, silly, with the bigger the compliments get. Don't get me started on the, "Your sexy..." stuff... :oops:

One thing I realized while standing there, in his presence...he's not as tall or big as he looks onstage. He seemed a bit rail! The feeling I got was that he's just a regular guy like you and I....maybe that's because he is!

Yes, there are some with great and amazing talents. I believe that everyone can be capable of this if they truly believe the have the power of doing so, and the determination and love for it.

So, the biggest 'thank you' I can give to Steve, would be-

Thank you for letting me realize that I have the capabilities of achieving my dreams as a performer. I know now, that every major act and professional musician, is not a god, but merely another human being, like me, with a strong desire and passion for doing what they love to do, along with the determination to get to where they want.

Post subject: Broaden your mind!
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:56 am 

Hey!

I really must add that you guys are taking this (with God/sacrifice) way too literal :!:

Come on, don't be this narrow minded - you'll have to look at it from a broader perspective :!:

That's all I can say.

Peace
8)

Post subject: Re: Broaden your mind!
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:38 am 

RiffGod wrote:
Hey!

I really must add that you guys are taking this (with God/sacrifice) way too literal :!:

Come on, don't be this narrow minded - you'll have to look at it from a broader perspective :!:

That's all I can say.

Peace
8)

Ok sorry I dont want to sound hard now but do you mean what you are writing or you dont?? How many forms of interpretation excist in such a statement? If my mother comes to me and would say she would sacrefice her life for me right now I would believe her... She had a life allready compared to me that hopefully has much more to come. Also she gave me life so I know she would try anything to do again.

But of course thats a total diffrent situation I know...

But it would REALLY REALLY scare my blood out of me if I would be Steve and somebody would tell me he liked my music and also offer me his existens. I would want to make him to hate me...

But you are right PEACE!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:42 am 

I dont know... I have a better feeling that this topic is better of to be closed now. It has a nice, friendly and also a bit to scary and personal vibe. For me its a bit to touchy on maybe RiffGod´s feelings. I can not resist to comment his comments but I also respect them of course and dont want to hurt anybody.

Just a thought.... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:56 am 

Are you familiar with the word metaphores :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:28 am 

it has run its course

closed

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2