VAI.COM

The Official Steve Vai Website Message Boards.
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:50 am 

This is a serious devotion type writing as a tribute to Steve Vai, my ultimate idol.

* I've never felt as unEarthly/truly happy as when I saw him perform live (March 2nd 2000). It was really like watching God personified/humanized. He was spreading so much joy. I was so happy I cried.

* It's an odd but happy feeling: he's my best friend though I've never met him.

* If I had to sacrifice my own life for one human beings continous living, that would be for him.

* A cure for the world - or for peace in general - would be to place GIANT loud speakers all over planet Earth playing his beautiful music. There would be no possibility to destroy/remove the speakers or push a stop button. His music would flow eternally.

* If mankind should send a probe out in Space with one type/piece of music as a metaphorical message to alien lifeforms, that would be his. Not as a statement/representative of how our world is now, but how it should be.

* If I had (the opportunity) to choose whoever I could spend my last day on Earth with, it would be with him.

* If I had to choose one thing to bring to "the other side", that would be one of his CDs or DVDs. Though I do hope there is a system to handle that kind of format, otherwise there would be no point, would there!?

* In a time like this, i.e. the current state of the world, I'm very fortunate to be able to listen to his beautiful music.

* I wish I'd live forever and ever, so I could continue listening to his beautiful music.

Steve, thanks for being there - your spreading so much love and joy through your music!

I love you.

Yours truly,
Kalle Flyckt

April 25th 2003, Linköping, Sweden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:04 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:33 am 

WOW

Harry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:22 am 

I definitely know where you're coming from! I also have such a heartfelt feeling for Steve and his music, and he's had such and impact on my life; actually it's something hard to formulate, but you know exactly what I'm trying to say...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:16 am 

Guys I TOTALLY respect your emotions and feelings for Vai´s music... I am glad that you find such a beauty in the art but be carefull with such a statement:

* If I had to sacrifice my own life for one human beings continous living, that would be for him.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 7:33 am 

I agree totally with you Ricky. I mean, come on: He's just a guitar player (a very talented one I must add :wink:)!! I like Steve as much as the next guy, but this is really a little harsh. Suddenly hundreds of crying teenagers come to my mind when Take That split up years ago...

* It's an odd but happy feeling: he's my best friend though I've never met him.

How can he be your best friend??? You don't know a thing about him other than his music....
I can only say: Wow. These kids nowadays...

Don't mean to offend you man, but get a grip on reality!

Fabe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:02 am 

lol
I hear you guys. In my case it's rather like, I have a passion and a goal in life, and Steve is like a guide or a mentor in that particular field, but once again he's had such a tremendous impact on my life that he means much more to me than some guitar player making good music. But yeah, I personally would never think about stuff like giving my life, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:14 am 

John: I am sure many people on this board know what you mean... its like Vai has the ability to almost pull out your soul out of your body when playing FTLOG for instanse... but only almost. And I am sure thats what he really wants.

I am sure RiffGod only wrote this statement out of a happy moment maybe listening to Vais music while writing it. I know that moments of pure enjoyment listening to somebodys work and simply drift away.

But dont downgrade your own existense for somebody else you dont know. I am absoluty sure Vai doesnt want that either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:00 pm 

I gotta agree with Ricky too.......
I don't think Steve likes to be called or compared to god anyway.
Steve is an individual and he makes that clear in his music, !fersure!
But you miss one thing he presents in his music and thats the spiritualness

I believe he would want you to hold God as your idol.

Post subject: Explaination
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:36 am 

I really didn't think I had to explain this, but maybe I have to… :roll:

You see, this is really personal and you have to think beyond what I'm saying here.

I'm not saying Steve is God.

For me, it was somewhat of a God-like experience. It's really hard to explain, but he touched my most inner feelings, my inner self, in a way I've never felt before.

As for the sacrifice issue, I only said that because Steve has so much more to give than, for instance, a lowlife politician, a religious fanatic or your next door neighbour.

And NO, Steve is not just another guitar player. He's something else.

And for the record: I only took on the name RiffGod because I thought it was cool, and because I'm one hell of a riff player. :wink:

Out…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:09 am 

Fabe wrote:
I mean, come on: He's just a guitar player (a very talented one I must add :wink:)!!

I'd have to disagree a bit here.
Steve is a hell of a composer, that just happen to be one of the most (if not THE most) advanced guitar players today.
Regardless of his technique and comand of the instrument the stuff I am impressed about more than anything is his compositions.
They have an effect on me that no other instrumental music has had apart from maybe Carl Orff and Antonio Vivaldi.

your milege may vary :wink:

ilia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:36 pm 

I think it's wonderful that wwe can have the same ridiculous conversations on two forums at once. :roll:

~K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:05 pm 

kennydoe wrote:
I think it's wonderful that wwe can have the same ridiculous conversations on two forums at once. :roll:

~K

Yes especially just copy-pasting the same questions and answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:25 pm 

I must agree with RiffGod.

Steve's unique.

I second that "I would like to live forever to listen to his music". There's no words that can explain the feelling I get when I listen to Steves music. He's music is inspiring, tender, and beautiful. And believe it or not, right now, i'm askin really seriously to myself, no kidding, why I'm writing this instead of run to my bedroom and listen to Fire Garden Suite. This is just awesome, it makes me think about a lot of stuff...

STEVE!!! NEXT TOUR, MAKE IT THE GREATEST TOUR EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC!!!

Prepare yourselves out there...
Steve is going tour...
And he's kicking some Pop butts!!

Peace 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 4:13 pm 

I've got to hand it to you, riffgod...that's a very beautiful thing you've written.

I really admire more than anything else, just your honesty and courage to speak from the heart, whatever sentiments you express.

Peace bro

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next