Happy birthday Steve Vai

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
aleregal
Newcomer

Happy birthday Steve Vai

#1 Post by aleregal » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:35 pm

https://youtu.be/qHSKB2eJ_-w

From my bedroom to the world. I know your birthday is on June 6th, but I wanted to be the first saying this.
Thanks for your music, I think you might not know what your music really means to me or to many people out there but one thing among many others is that you've always been in the good and bad moments, specially in those times I was very sick, you were my company during those terrible days and nights I was twice in hospital for a chronic disease I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I feel way better now, I've gained weight and I began to feel better since I started listening to your interviews where you talk about life issues and positive thinking or the way how your thoughts are so important to reach your goals. I always remember when you came to Viña del Mar, Chile in 2007 and I had the chance to mee you. At that time my wife was pregnant, now my daughter "Elliet", that's her name, is another fan of yours, she is 10 years old now. I also wanted to tell you I was told something about the symbols you use or used to use on your albums, it made me questioned a lot of things and I was even a little disappointed... but music is stronger and today I don't care about any of those things. You were with me in the bad times and it's all that matters. This is just one of the songs that made me love playing the guitar, "Liberty"". I was 15 when I first listened to it and now I'm 40.
Once again, happy birthday, wish you the best!!! and thanks for your music.

litlgrnman

Re: Happy birthday Steve Vai

#2 Post by litlgrnman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:57 am

Came to the site to say happy bday and discovered the disheartening news about Joe. Sorry for your loss. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories. The way you reflect reminds me to cherish the past, present and future experiences with my own Joes.

Happy B Day Steve and thanks for being you!

GregNeighbors
Newcomer

#3 Post by GregNeighbors » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 am

Just stopped by to wish you a fantastic birthday Mr. Vai! I know it’s nothing new that you’ve heard, but you’re the one who’s playing always inspires me to pick up the guitar and I’m thankful that there is someone as uniquely skilled and wise as you’ve become.

Mburnstein
Newcomer

#4 Post by Mburnstein » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:04 am

Happy birthday young man! Looking forward to seeing you in August with my son! Regards
Mark Burnstein

Gypzziroze
Newcomer

#5 Post by Gypzziroze » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:06 am

Happy Birthday to You! Have a great day!

jabollig
Newcomer

#6 Post by jabollig » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 am

Happy Birthday, Steve!! Thank you for all that you do!

https://youtu.be/y1HjjbkkLt0

Rogerdiodak
Newcomer

#7 Post by Rogerdiodak » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:16 pm

Congrats Steve and have a rocking day !!! Thanks for all the support!
Cheers!
Roger Diodak

b2

#8 Post by b2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Happy birthday Steve!
Have a nice day and I hope you get some chocolate :mrgreen:

Jenn Pix

#9 Post by Jenn Pix » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Happy birthday, Steve. Love you, love the music and magic you bring to the world.
Thank you for all you do, and please keep doing!
Do something awesome for yourself, man. You deserve to celebrate!

http://i.123g.us/c/birth_happybirthday/pc/325699_pc.jpg

isanielsen
Newcomer

#10 Post by isanielsen » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:15 pm

May God bless you with the most wonderful and sweetest moments on your Birthday!

ocxcxd

#11 Post by ocxcxd » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:21 pm

Dear Steve!

Happy birthday and thank you for being here, for your beautiful music that always feels so rich and pure, yet warm like a home. You have been such an inspiration to all of us, stay as precious person as you are and remember...:"#1 Don't stop and #2 Keep going!". I wish you spend a nice day with your family and beloved ones.

Love and warm regards!

P.S. Please come to Slovenia soon, 2012 was like yesterday but it's a really long time. We are waiting for you!

Chris I
Newcomer

#12 Post by Chris I » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am

Hi Steve,

Happy birthday! Couldn't possibly express myself aswell as others have already done.
Suffice to say, hope you are well, you make a lot of people very happy and I hope it reflects back sometimes.

All the best mate.

Chris

krishen777
Newcomer

#13 Post by krishen777 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:48 am

Another year you have been here sharing your gifts! Thank you!

Your music, talent, and production all remind me how striving for perfection can always leave room for the beauty of imperfection. You never leave anything to the imagination and your personality shines through. I have always identified with your sound, your presence, and the guru off the stage.

Thanks for never phoning it in. Thanks for investing in artists around you. Thanks for pushing the envelope.

I still remember when I realized that sound could be multi-dimensional and i could sense each frequency from a different place. Thank you for that most of all ;)

Happy Birthday Mr. Vai